Digital Product Architect
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Digital Product ArchitectApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Digital Product Architect in our Bannockburn, IL or Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a Digital Product Architect working on the Digital and DevOps team, you will be empowered to influence and lead enterprise digital teams, IT leadership and business partners to maximize use of scalable enterprise service. A typical day will include:
- Deeply technical senior and principal engineer responsible for code-level component architecture and technology leadership across Digital Products teams including technology selection and approach, and detailed implementation strategy, development approach, process and scaling.
- Drive and influence cost synergy and technology re-use through alignment of business objectives and technical capabilities
- Influences and lead enterprise digital teams, IT leadership and business partners to maximize use of scalable enterprise service, while contributing to digital IT Strategy elaboration and implementation.
- Provide expertise and leadership to cohesion on a both strategic and technically deep level. Influence and guide strategic technology decisions and quickly dive deep into a technology to drive implementation choices.
- Leads and impact technical delivery of key business outcomes across Digital Products such as Web Platforms, Digital Workplace, Mobile Applications, Robotic Process Automation and Conversational Bots
- Sole contributor or lead and influence internal and external teams implementing and evolving digital services
- Provide expertise and leadership, whilst using knowledge of technical operations, investigates and identifies operational needs, problems and opportunities
- Coaches, mentors and lead project teams building and delivering highly complex system implementations, within cross functional projects that allow the business to reach its strategic objectives in a cost-effective way.
- Drive and influence decisions that impact, the work of employing organizations, achievement of organizational objectives or/and financial performance.
- Provide expertise and leadership to cohesion of large/complex and significant area of work, including technical, financial and quality aspects and may represent the organization.
- Share emerging industry standards/trends with peers and acts subject matter expert by demonstration deep understanding of digital products, translating these to the Takeda IT landscape and strategic plans; Establish relationships with relevant colleagues from Global Functions within the Global IS/IT Organization and leads change by guiding new solutions and critical projects
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 7 years or more of technical leadership experience.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, business acumen with problem solving and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of business and system solutions and experience with implementing applications.
- Experience leading web and mobile application development teams
- Experience developing distributed cloud-based solutions with modern frameworks and tooling
- Experience in Stakeholder relationship management.
- Experience in communicating complex information in a clear and engaging manner, adjust form and meetings to this and builds collaborative network of relationships in the business area and outside.
- Experience presenting on conferences and business meetings.
- Access to transportation to attend meetings.
- Ability to fly to meetings regionally and globally <10%
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Job ID R0015788