Business Office Lead
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2019.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Business Office LeadApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Business Office Lead in our Lexington, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As the Business Office Lead, you will manage CTO department wide global financial activities and budget initiatives. You will serve as a strategic financial advisor across the global CTO team and give greater visibility to operating cost and total cost of ownership to enable business teams to effectively accomplish goals and objectives.
- Manages a global group of employees, vendors, consultants and/or contractors to effect solutions associated within one or more areas of responsibility including providing administrative financial activities for CTO run and project budgets
- With senior manager input formulates strategic plans for managing employees, vendors, consultants, and contractors for the CTO Business Office.
- Manage relationship with key CTO vendors including ongoing needs and business reviews
- Identify operational needs and processes improvement opportunities and develop and implement solutions
- Manage team to deliver finance related artifacts for the CTO Organization including Statements of Work, Master Services Agreements, Purchase Orders, Assets, Project Budgets (including Clarity project tracking tool and PEW Project estimation template), Actuals Tracking and Accruals
A typical day will include:
- Hold self and others accountable for ensuring that all company policies and guidelines are met including core values, ethics, safety, finance, and security
- Develop, manage, and maintain organizational structure within the group
- Contribute analytical input to help define organizational structure within cost center and/or department
- Collaborate across Information Systems/Information Technology (IS/IT) and business partners to achieve objectives and ensure alignment with IT Finance, Procurement, Vendor Management, and Business Operations on respective processes and policies
- Translate resource needs and program direction to actions such as request for new hires or supplemental staff
- Provide career path planning/coaching to employees and lower level managers
- Communicates issues and successes up and down the group
- Conduct month end close review and trend analysis with CTO Leadership team
- Report high level expected results to CTO Leadership Team before IT Finance releases final, identifying major anomalies, and resolving G/L discrepancies
- Work independently with stakeholders to prioritize requirements and primary resources on complex financial issues
- Possess strong collaboration skills in a matrixed environment
- Bachelor's degree or High School degree with related work experience
- 10+ years of business office experience (managing office purchasing, contract coordination, accounting, and etc)
- Experience managing budget finances for and IT organization
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools – Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Experience building and maintaining Intranet sites using PowerPoint
- Experience with Coupa, Ariba, and SAP Systems
- Minimal travel
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law – Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Job ID SR0044295