Associate Director, US Immunology, Corporate Communications
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Associate Director, US Immunology, Corporate CommunicationsApply Now
Associate Director, US Immunology, Corporate Communications
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as an Associate Director, US Immunology, Corporate Communications in our Cambridge or Lexington, MA office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As an Associate Director, US Immunology, Corporate Communications working on the Corporate Communications team, you will be empowered to create comprehensive communication plans for Takeda’s U.S. focused therapeutic areas (TA), namely Immunology, and a typical day will include:
- Develop and execute the external story for Takeda’s U.S. commercial presence in defined therapeutic areas (TA) that complement the company’s global external TA communications strategy.
- Support crisis management activities by Crisis Management leaders; support related external and internal communications
- Manage and create a wide variety of TA/product communications content (e.g., data and publications, external partnerships, patient stories, thought leadership, etc.) for internal and external communication channels to effectively reach target audiences.
- Supports U.S. media spokesperson for respective TA/product communications and develops strategic media relations plans and pitches that reach broadcast, online, print and bloggers.
- Serve as communications coach and counsel to executives and other team members to prepare them as spokespersons for delivering messaging and themes aligned with company positioning and strategic goals.
- Develop product communication strategy; create and execute corresponding communication plans and materials for Takeda’s U.S. products from pre-approval through launch, any additional regulatory milestones and/or commercial events, and loss of exclusivity.
- Partner with global corporate communication colleagues on global commercial product milestones with a U.S. presence or support international media opportunities that require U.S. expertise.
- Collaborate with global organization on Investor Relations (IR) activities. Includes working with parent company on a quarterly basis to produce IR communications used by global leadership and IR teams.
- Create external/internal communication plans and deliverables for any relevant business development activities or organizational initiatives.
- Liaises between a variety of commercial functions to ensure corporate communications is publicizing programs, initiatives and partnerships that are benefiting patients.
- Manage agency partner(s) to support TA and product communications work and corresponding budget.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Majors in Journalism, Communications or Public Policy/Public Affairs preferred.
- A minimum of 8+ years of professional experience required at a corporation or consultancy with expertise in corporate, product, executive or international communications. Agency experience is preferred.
- Healthcare industry experience required; Rare disease related experience preferred
- Experience managing issues and building corporate reputation is preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required as well as strong interpersonal skills
- 30% travel
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
L-Shire - United States - Kendall Square Cambridge MA
Job ID R0012511