What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the top traits we are looking for and see if you have the right mix
Engage Others Motivates and influences others to gain support for ideas, strategies and actions in service to providing superior pharmaceutical products to patients; provides appropriate background so that messages are meaningful with audiences.
Collaboration Establishes productive relationships and partners with others across the organization to ensure common understanding of objectives and achieve shared goals.
Drive for Results Holds self and others accountable for delivering on commitments that align with our short- and long-term goals, never forgetting the end result is to help patients through innovation in medicine.
Strategic Approach Makes sound decisions that are consistent with our mission, values and organizational objectives.
Lead Change Proactively evaluates, promotes, and initiates change that creates value for patients, the organization, and our shareholders.
Self Awareness Seeks feedback from others, modifies self-perceptions and actions based on this feedback, and actively develops skills and behaviors to enhance contribution.
Develop Capabilities Seeks opportunities to develop oneself and others so that we can continue to achieve sustained growth.
Takeda builds strong, borderless and empowered teams through fairness and promoting shared goals. By working together, we optimize energy and can lead the change for a better world.
Takeda implements bold initiatives on a daily basis by striving for continuous improvement and encouraging enthusiasm and creativity. This value speaks to attracting the best minds in the industry that are committed to delivering novel therapies to patients worldwide.
Takeda respects and includes a broad range of people and ideas in its daily operations. Our organization encourages each individual to act with empathy and to apply their unique skills to realize the company’s true potential.
Takeda's drive comes from perseverance, urgency and a strong desire to contribute to patients. We put this passion to work in everything we do and demonstrate courage to fight for ideas and objectives to raise the quality of our solutions, create stronger ties with our stakeholders, and deliver results.
Takeda works to meet its responsibilities to stakeholders on a daily basis. We provide adequate support and challenge to ensure we deliver high-quality solutions that help more people around the world.
Takeda appropriately shares information and promotes honest, sincere dialogue with stakeholders to build trust. This trust enables us to strengthen our relationships with employees and external communities.
Inspired by Patients
Corporate Citizenship Activities
News and Events
Moving Mountains My Story and Why I’m ClimbingMoving Mountains
I oversee Corporate Communications at Takeda Oncology, a company committed to discovering and developing treatments for patients with cancers
One Vision: We aspire to cure cancer.
Takeda Completes Acquisition of ARIAD Pharmaceuticals, Inc., significantly enhancing our global oncology portfolio and reinforcing our commitment to develop medicines for patients living with cancer.
Rushing Toward a Cure (RTC) launched in 2006 in partnership with the Patriots Radio Network (WBZ 98.5) and our local chapter of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS). With RTC, Takeda Oncology contributes a set financial donation to the LLS for every 100 rushing yards gained by New England during the pre, regular and post-seasons. This money helps fund vital blood cancer research, patient services and education programs.
More than 30,000 Takeda employees working in more than 70 countries are committed to improving quality of life for patients, who remain at the center of everything we do. Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited is a global, research and development-driven organization working internally and with external partners to translate science into life-changing medicines. Takeda focuses on the core therapeutic areas of oncology, gastroenterology, central nervous system and providing vaccines that address the most important infectious diseases. Novel products, especially in oncology and gastroenterology, as well as our presence in emerging markets, fuel our growth.
Takeda Pharmaceuticals U.S.A., Inc. ranks among the top 15 pharmaceutical companies in the United States. Our larger U.S. offices are in Cambridge, MA, Deerfield, IL, and San Diego, CA. Research & Development employees in our Cambridge location focus on oncology, gastroenterology, immunomodulation, biologics, translational research, and external innovation. In March 2016, we opened our newest space at 300 Massachusetts Avenue, featuring 230,000 square feet of state-of-the-art office and lab space.
While Takeda is enjoying tremendous growth as an emerging global leader in the pharmaceutical industry, we remain ever mindful of our commitment to serve people worldwide by striving toward better health through leading innovation in medicine. In short, we are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
- Collaborate with medical directors, clinical pharmacologists and nonclinical and discovery research scientists to ensure early definition of, and agreement on biomarker needs for clinical development strategy.Part of the team that provides strategic, technical and scientific leadership for development, implementation and data interpretation of an integrated translational research strategy for assigned program(s).
- Partner with DDU scientists to design and execute translational research to discover and validate pathways and biomarkers associated with mechanism of action and drug response. Participate in the collaborative interactions between Early Clinical Development and DDU researchers in Shonan Research Center, Takeda California, Takeda Cambridge and Takeda Singapore to facilitate generation and implementation of early clinical development strategies.
- Represent Translational Research on Global Product Teams (GPT) working groups to contribute to the dose and biomarker selection for first-in-human studies, provide pharmacologic and pharmacodynamic rationales and translational/experimental medicine approaches for early clinical protocols.
- Participate in the design and implementation of biomarker research in clinical trials and monitor the scientific quality of pharmacodynamic and predictive biomarker clinical assay data
- Maintain extensive knowledge of the research and development efforts from academic institutions, competitor pharmaceutical companies and fee-for-service bioanalytical companies for relevant oncology biomarkers.
- Evaluate, and use new scientific tools for effective and thorough non-clinical and early clinical programs and ensure that technical and scientific standards meet state-of-the-art industry expectations.
- Responsible for the preparation and review of biomarker sections of candidate nomination documents, clinical protocols and documents submitted to Regulatory Agencies for smaller global or larger regional assigned compounds.
- Support Business Development efforts by evaluating potential in licensing opportunities and serve as a liaison with external companies, organizations, consultants, university representatives, NIH, and with FDA, as required. Establish and maintain scientific dialog with clinical translational experts in medical, academic and regulatory communities.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Ph.D +10 years, or PharmD +12 years, or Masters +13 years or Bachelors +15 years Degree is expected in relevant scientific area, e.g., Oncology, Immunology, Neurobiology, Endocrinology, Pharmacology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology.
- More than 7 years of relevant industry experience in translational research and assay development
- Recognized expertise in Biomarker discovery and development and Translational Medicine as demonstrated by publications, regulatory submissions and/or national or international presentations
- Must be capable of utilizing the highest scientific and technical standards for the successful design and execution of translational research strategies implemented in early clinical programs in a timely manner
- An understanding of PoC and PoM clinical concepts and trial design
- Should serve as a “highly credible technical expert” to outside functional areas
- Excellent understanding of drug development, regulatory processes and early clinical development
- Strong leadership abilities and proven ability to lead a team within a matrix organization as well as work independently
- Superior analytical, problem solving skills
- Extraordinary oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- 25% National and International travel.
we are driven to improve people's lives
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visithttp://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.