Associate Director, Investigative Toxicology
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Associate Director, Investigative ToxicologyApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as an Associate Director, Investigative Toxicology in our Cambridge, Massachusetts office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As an Associate Director, Investigative Toxicology, you will be empowered to provide leadership and global functional expertise for projects in the Takeda portfolio.
- Lead Investigative Toxicology | Lead a team of investigative toxicologists detecting and de-risking toxicities in a fast-moving portfolio focused on new modalities.
- Help us make safer drugs | The next generation of life changing medicines include gene therapies, oligonucleotides, cell therapies and other new modalities - all honed to treat previously untreatable diseases. Help us shape this next generation of life-saving medicines by improving the design of next-generation therapeutics based on proactive detection & de-risking of dose limiting toxicities related to liver.
- Deliver decision-making data | Lead a team of talented scientists delivering state-of-the-art in vitro assays to detect & de-risk toxicity for medicines in discovery & development. Help shape the evolution of cell & gene therapies to deliver safer & more effective medicines for patients with rare diseases.
- Lead toxicological investigations to detect & de-risk toxicities in drug discovery and development using in vitro and in vivo data.
- Use cutting edge molecular and cellular technologies to help make the next generation of gene and cell therapies. From single cell RNAseq to organ on a chip technologies – we are looking for scientists with an incredibly deep toolset to solve problems facing a vast field of new modalities.
- Probe molecular and cellular mechanisms of toxicity to determine drivers of liver, lung and cardiovascular toxicities and guide drug projects to make safer medicines using your experience, in-house, and literature data.
- Drive the development of safer gene and cell therapies using in vitro and in vivo data from a matrixed project team.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPENTENCIES AND SKILLS:
- PhD in biology, pharmacology, toxicology or a related discipline with at least 10 years of pharmaceutical toxicology experience.
- 5y of Industry experience.
- 5y of management experience.
- Experience with conventional and advanced cell culture approaches with cell lines, primary cells, and iPSC cells.
- Experience working with new modalities - including gene, cell, nanoparticle and/or microbial therapeutics is highly desirable.
- Experience working in a matrixed team environment at a pharmaceutical company and/or CRO is essential.
- Broad scientific knowledge including pharmacology, toxicology, pathology, physiology and biochemistry.
- Expertise designing & delivering fit for purpose assays for understanding the mechanism of toxicity of agents including drugs, for biomarker development and application, and for de-risking drug candidates.
- Experience with organ systems in addition to liver such as cardiovascular, GI, and immune systems is highly desired
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, especially as a manager, a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please
Job ID R0023907