Associate Director, Immune Deficiency Portfolio HCP Strategy & Professional Education Lead
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Associate Director, Immune Deficiency Portfolio HCP Strategy & Professional Education LeadApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as an Associate Director, Immune Deficiency Portfolio HCP Strategy & Professional Education Lead in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As an Associate Director, Immune Deficiency Portfolio HCP Strategy & Professional Education Lead working on the Immune Deficiency Franchise team of the Plasma Derived Therapies U.S. Business Unit, you will be empowered to strategic and innovative]. In this role, you will contribute to Takeda’s mission and a typical day will include:
- The Associate Director, Immune Deficiency Portfolio HCP Strategy & Professional Education Lead will work within the Immune Deficiency Franchise of the Plasma Derived Therapies US Business Unit at Takeda and has the privilege of working with the Immunologist/Allergist HCP community who help diagnose and treat people living with Primary Immunodeficiency (PI), a group of 400+ rare, chronic disorders.
- The Associate Director, Immune Deficiency Portfolio HCP Strategy & Professional Education Lead will lead the development and execution of the IG portfolio HCP strategy (Immunologists/Allergists community), working closely with the brand leads (Cuvitru, HyQvia, Gammagard & MyIgSource) as well as other members of the portfolio/professional education marketing team, global marketing, U.S. medical affairs, managed markets, patient services and other cross-functional partners.
- The role requires an individual that can build relationships both in one’s span of control, and through many disciplines, both internally and externally including but not limited to sales, marketing, competitive intelligence, compliance, medical, legal, regulatory, TL, and professional organizations.
- Strategic thinking and creative problem solving are essential to be able to work both inside and outside the organization and to effectively be able to show results.
- Key contributor on the Portfolio, Professional Education & Digital team responsible for developing and implementing marketing strategies and programs that best position Takeda as a leader in PI
- Own and drive the strategy, development and implementation of key HCP Portfolio Level resources for HCPs
- Lead the management of a HCP speaker bureau, the continued refinement of P2P program and capturing learnings from our measurement platform
- Lead the execution of all PI national and prioritized regional congress HCP symposiums
- Utilize analytics to measure the impact of and optimize brand strategies, tactics and communications
- Work effectively with internal stakeholders including: Advocacy, Managed Markets, Sales, Patient Services, Regulatory, Legal/Compliance, Market Insights, HAE/PDT Professional Education partners, and corporate level professional educations team
- Effectively work with and manage external vendors and agency partners
- Ensure all resources and programming are in alignment with Takeda Compliance, Legal, and Regulatory requirements
- Manage brand marketing budget
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CONTACTS:
- HCP Speakers (external)
- HCP Consultants (external)
- Professional Associations (external)
- Marketing team (internal)
- HAE & PDT Professional Education teams (internal)
- Takeda Professional education team (internal)
- Professional Education Agencies (vendor)
- P2P programming Agency (vendor)
- Digital Agencies (vendors)
- Advocacy (internal)
- Patient Services (internal)
- Sales Leadership & Sales Team (internal)
- Sales Training (internal)
- Regulatory Affairs; Legal; Medical; Compliance (internal)
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or advanced degree preferred
- 7+ years of US commercial pharmaceutical experience preferred
- Knowledge and experience of working in a marketing role in specialty and/or rare disease preferred
- Professional education marketing experience preferred (Peer-to-Peer Programs, symposiums, etc.)
- Expertise in development and execution of multi-channel marketing programs (print, in-office, non-personal and digital) preferred
- Agency management experience (briefing/execution/budgetary oversight) preferred
- Must be a team player and foster strong relationships with physicians, vendors and internal stakeholders
- Must have in-depth knowledge of pharmaceutical marketing and sales
- Must be a self-starter who can function independently and within a team
- Must be results-oriented and able to perform in fast paced environments, exhibit leadership skills, and be able to influence without authority
- Track record of strong project management and results orientation, including strong budget management
- Strong communication and presentation skills required
- Strong analytical, problem solving and strategic thinking skills required
- Must be able to collaborate and work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Should be adaptable and open to an environment of change
Ability to travel as required, ~20%
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law – Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Job ID SR0054835