Associate Director, Global HR Business Partner
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2019.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Associate Director, Global HR Business PartnerApply Now
The Associate Director, HR Business Partner is responsible for leading, defining, and implementing strategic leadership coaching and business support for complex matrixed global organizations across the Global Oncology Business Unit. It is the responsibility of the Associate Director, HR Business Partner to oversee the administration of human resources (HR) policies and coordination of HR initiatives for assigned functions. Given the complexities of the businesses supported, these activities can involve coordination of varying HR policies and practices across multiple regions. It is the responsibility of the Associate Director HR Business Partner to understand the differences of the available options and resources and coordinate the most effective and value-add solution for the businesses supported. This individual works with very little direction and a high level of independence. Coaches and supports high level executives, function heads and senior-level management in all leadership, business strategy and HR-related areas. The Associate Director, HR Business Partner identifies barriers to organizational success (such as organizational design, training, recruiting, compensation) to drive and support appropriate change. Policies and initiatives include organization and leadership development, performance management, compensation, employee training and development, reward and recognition systems, career path, job analysis and descriptions, compliance, and employee relations. This position works closely with the Head of HR for the Global Oncology BU to develop and implement departmental goals, objectives and systems that correspond with organizational strategies. Partners with global HR support functions and other local HR functions to identify, develop and deliver projects to align with business objectives and to address Takeda employee needs.
- Identifies, defines, and implements appropriate human resources strategy across aligned businesses within the organization.
- Defines, models, and reinforces Takeda’s culture by ensuring that HR practices are aligned with organizational objectives.
- Understands policies, procedures and offerings across Takeda’s multiple global locations and coordinates effectively with local HR in order to appropriately and consistently administer policies and practices across global organizations.
- Drives creation of policies, procedures and processes on global HR activities such as compensation and talent acquisition with non-US regional HR business partners in order to ensure streamlined HR activities across a global organization.
- Advises client groups on organizational and human resource issues – such as organizational effectiveness, change management, performance management, compensation.
- In partnership with the management team, proactively identifies needs and develops and implements appropriate approaches, processes and tools.
- Collaborates with local HR to ensure compliance with local employment law and practices.
- Leads efforts to develop global HR programs/processes to support overall effectiveness of the businesses supported.
- Guides executives and functional leadership in the development of departmental goals, objectives, and systems that correspond with and are aligned to support organizational strategy.
- Assists leadership in managing across complex, matrixed organizations
- Creates, implements and maintains global metrics that can be used to build global strategic workforce planning models in all regions, working closely with regional HR business partners to gather data and ensure outcomes are sustainable in various regions.
- Analyzes global trends in turnover, hiring, promotion, separation, etc. to determine and implement preventative actions needed to adjust unfavorable trends.
- Manages employee relations issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations, and work/performance issues while ensuring legal compliance.
- Effectively investigates issues, makes recommendations, and takes appropriate action.
- In partnership with senior leadership, develops strategy to increase organizational effectiveness as business needs change.
- Partners with senior management to identify and address leadership development needs.
- Coaches the leadership teams to enhance their impact on employees to address organizational needs.
- Leads cross-functional initiatives to address business needs. May serve as global HR subject matter expert on internal HR cross-functional project teams (i.e., global performance management).
- Proactively provides HR solutions to address key business capabilities.
- Partners with Compensation to complete equity studies, job description creation/updates/analysis process; salary planning within budgetary guidelines. Ensures strategic alignment between compensation and incentive programs and business needs.
- Serves as liaison with Talent Acquisition function to ensure workforce planning, recruiting and hiring strategies are met.
- Provides training and OD interventions to managers and employees as needed.
- Works with internal partners such as Legal, Security, Compliance, and other HR departments to resolve employee issues as appropriate.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 10 years HRBP or generalist experience required
- Human Resources experience in the health care or pharmaceutical industry preferred
- Master’s degree preferred
- Global HR Experience preferred
- Willingness to travel to various meetings or client sites, including overnight trips.
- International travel will be required
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Job ID R0012482