What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the top traits we are looking for and see if you have the right mix
Engage Others Motivates and influences others to gain support for ideas, strategies and actions in service to providing superior pharmaceutical products to patients; provides appropriate background so that messages are meaningful with audiences.
Collaboration Establishes productive relationships and partners with others across the organization to ensure common understanding of objectives and achieve shared goals.
Drive for Results Holds self and others accountable for delivering on commitments that align with our short- and long-term goals, never forgetting the end result is to help patients through innovation in medicine.
Strategic Approach Makes sound decisions that are consistent with our mission, values and organizational objectives.
Lead Change Proactively evaluates, promotes, and initiates change that creates value for patients, the organization, and our shareholders.
Self Awareness Seeks feedback from others, modifies self-perceptions and actions based on this feedback, and actively develops skills and behaviors to enhance contribution.
Develop Capabilities Seeks opportunities to develop oneself and others so that we can continue to achieve sustained growth.
Takeda builds strong, borderless and empowered teams through fairness and promoting shared goals. By working together, we optimize energy and can lead the change for a better world.
Takeda implements bold initiatives on a daily basis by striving for continuous improvement and encouraging enthusiasm and creativity. This value speaks to attracting the best minds in the industry that are committed to delivering novel therapies to patients worldwide.
Takeda respects and includes a broad range of people and ideas in its daily operations. Our organization encourages each individual to act with empathy and to apply their unique skills to realize the company’s true potential.
Takeda's drive comes from perseverance, urgency and a strong desire to contribute to patients. We put this passion to work in everything we do and demonstrate courage to fight for ideas and objectives to raise the quality of our solutions, create stronger ties with our stakeholders, and deliver results.
Takeda works to meet its responsibilities to stakeholders on a daily basis. We provide adequate support and challenge to ensure we deliver high-quality solutions that help more people around the world.
Takeda appropriately shares information and promotes honest, sincere dialogue with stakeholders to build trust. This trust enables us to strengthen our relationships with employees and external communities.
Inspired by Patients
Corporate Citizenship Activities
News and Events
Moving Mountains My Story and Why I’m ClimbingMoving Mountains
I oversee Corporate Communications at Takeda Oncology, a company committed to discovering and developing treatments for patients with cancers
One Vision: We aspire to cure cancer.
Takeda Completes Acquisition of ARIAD Pharmaceuticals, Inc., significantly enhancing our global oncology portfolio and reinforcing our commitment to develop medicines for patients living with cancer.
Rushing Toward a Cure (RTC) launched in 2006 in partnership with the Patriots Radio Network (WBZ 98.5) and our local chapter of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS). With RTC, Takeda Oncology contributes a set financial donation to the LLS for every 100 rushing yards gained by New England during the pre, regular and post-seasons. This money helps fund vital blood cancer research, patient services and education programs.
More than 30,000 Takeda employees working in more than 70 countries are committed to improving quality of life for patients, who remain at the center of everything we do. Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited is a global, research and development-driven organization working internally and with external partners to translate science into life-changing medicines. Takeda focuses on the core therapeutic areas of oncology, gastroenterology, central nervous system and providing vaccines that address the most important infectious diseases. Novel products, especially in oncology and gastroenterology, as well as our presence in emerging markets, fuel our growth.
Takeda Pharmaceuticals U.S.A., Inc. ranks among the top 15 pharmaceutical companies in the United States. Our larger U.S. offices are in Cambridge, MA, Deerfield, IL, and San Diego, CA. Research & Development employees in our Cambridge location focus on oncology, gastroenterology, immunomodulation, biologics, translational research, and external innovation. In March 2016, we opened our newest space at 300 Massachusetts Avenue, featuring 230,000 square feet of state-of-the-art office and lab space.
While Takeda is enjoying tremendous growth as an emerging global leader in the pharmaceutical industry, we remain ever mindful of our commitment to serve people worldwide by striving toward better health through leading innovation in medicine. In short, we are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
Manages a team of scientists who are accountable for the generation of cell lines for production of clinical and commercial stage protein therapies, generation of cGMP cell banks, genetic characterization of cell lines and the introduction of novel technologies and innovative concepts to improve the growth, expression, and product quality of CHO based cell lines.
Is accountable for performance and results of the team, and has authority to commit area resources to CMC/project teams. Contributes to and drives line function strategy. Uses technical expertise to contribute across multiple projects. Benchmarks current industry trends in functional area. Establishes and manages operational processes within the department/function. Contributes to wider cross-functional/cross divisional strategy and drives initiatives to completion. Leads or provides strategic guidance across projects that involve extraordinary, well-considered risks. Directs and manages outsourcing across a product platform as appropriate.
- Develops and manages strategies for departmental infrastructure, resources, projects, etc. in conjunction with senior staff.
- Recommends and implements new technologies and innovations as appropriate.
- Contributes significantly to develop, drive and set vision and direction of departmental activities, management of resources, time, personnel and financial resources.
- Manages aspects of department performance, personnel issues, and effective communication within group and with the company as directed by senior staff.
- Communicates and coordinates implementation of procedural improvement to senior management, across therapeutic and scientific areas.
- Conducts analysis of technical and conceptual risk; identifies and champions operational processes and strategies.
- Serves as a technical resource to guide group members in strategic decision making (and technical guidance as appropriate)
- Incorporates industry trends and company goals in departmental strategy.
- Maintains complete technical responsibility for a program(s)/initiative(s) within the department.
- Leads GCT sub teamsand/or other cross functional teams
- Leverages knowledge of multiple projects and functional areas to guide team members on potential impacts in both strategic and technical aspects.
- Insures effective project management of all plans and projects within own area of responsibility and direct reports, linking all scientific efforts to company, program and functional goals.
- Contributes to cross-departmental strategy.
- Develops discipline/departmental plans and drives strategy and implementation for respective group, creating linkages with strategies of other relevant functions.
- Identifies topics for initiatives and leads local/global department initiatives
- Provides technical /departmental leadership by fostering development of skill sets among staff, and providing guidance on project leadership and cross-functional awareness
- Initiates or endorses complex projects with extraordinary technical challenges and applies broad technical risk assessment skills.
- Identifies potential changes within department in infrastructure, processes and scientific rationale and leads aspects of the change planning as appropriate.
- Proposes cross-functional improvements
- Defines outsourcing strategy for department in conjunction with senior staff.
- Communicates with senior management of other functions on implementation of infrastructure, technology, work processes, or business processes.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelors degree in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science and 15+ years relevant industry experience
- Masters degree in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science; 13+ years relevant industry experience
- PhD in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science; 7+ years relevant industry experience
- Extensive experience in CMC pharmaceutical development for active pharmaceutical ingredients and drug products under cGMP’s
- Sound knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
- Significant relevant pharmaceutical development experience
- Significant technical and strategic leadership experience with direct accountability for managing a team of direct reports.
- Experience in working in a multi-disciplinary environment with accountability for informing departmental or functional strategy.
- Experience leading functional regulatory strategy
Knowledge and Skills:
- Analytical and Problem Solving Skills - Able to troubleshoot the critical issues or problems and determine causes and possible solutions
- Teamwork -- Ability to work well on global cross-functional teams; Proven ability to foster a highly efficient team environment.
- Communication Skills -Ability to expresses one’s self clearly and concisely within team; documents issues and/or concerns concisely and comprehensively; adjusts communication style appropriate for the audience; timely and effectively communicates with senior management and direct reports; technical writing skills to support authorship of internal/externaland approve internal technical documents
- Organization – Exercises good time management and prioritization skills to balance a number of project and departmental objectives
- Technical - Relevant expertise across a broad range of disciplines related to drug development
- Knowledge Sharing - ability to capture knowledge within the organization; improves solutions, processes, and deliverables through use of information; improves information capital by contributing experience, theories, deliverables, and models for others to use
- Resource Management - Project management skills and familiarity with financial aspects related to projects including ability to anticipate and manage internal and external resource needs (people, information, technologies, time, and capital)
- External Involvement – Involved in professional community evidenced by presentation of scientific posters or lectures at professional conferences or events. Communicates or applies industry trends. .Advises team members or directly interacts with external vendors for projects
- Leadership Skills – Demonstrated ability to manage up and down the organization;; Ability to use appropriate management strategies to provide direction for the work of team members and support individual development
- May require approximately 15-20% travel.
we are driven to improve people's lives
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans. For more information, visithttp://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.