Associate Director, Business Intelligence Oncology
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2019.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Associate Director, Business Intelligence OncologyApply Now
Takeda Oncology is seeking an analytical, passionate and self-motivated individual to join our Decision Intelligence & Innovation organization at our Cambridge HQ. This Associate Director will report to the Head of Decision Intelligence & Innovation and closely interface on a cross-functional basis with the Oncology Business Unit (OBU)
This Associate Director position is integral to the digital transformation occurring in the OBU to harness the power of data analytics and improve patient outcomes. This role will establish the vision and strategy for Takeda Oncology’s Reporting and Analytics capability, provide thought leadership and subject matter experise for business intelligence solution offerings that deliver high-value, integrated dashboards and insights that support business strategy.
Key responsibilities for the Associate Director, Business Intelligence include:
- Lead all activities of the business intelligence and reporting across US OBU business functions and markets
- Develop and execute reporting strategy and roadmap to meet business intelligence reporting needs for US Oncology Business Unit and functions
- Facilitates the design, development, and administration reporting infrastructure and associated systems to facilitate the capture, metric creation, analysis and reporting of sales and market data
- Partner and drive collaboration with cross-functional teams (Sales, Marketing, Patient Value & Access, Medical, etc.) and IS to capture key business questions and define KPIs
- Lead brainstorming and solution work sessions with stakeholders and partner teams
- Lead the interaction with end users to gather business requirements / metrics and communicate value of the initiative / dashboard / self-service
- Lead the delivery of reporting solutions related to performance management (dashboards and self-service)
- Lead the reporting consolidation plan and reporting navigation matrix
- Partner with IS teams to ensure sufficient technology, tools and data is in place to support reporting needs
- Provide recommendations to OBU leadership on best practices and the continual improvement in business intelligence & advanced analytics
- Accountable for BI goals, promoting analytic maturity, tools adoption and enablement of end-users.
- Provide training on new integrated dashboards and self-service capabilities
- Own and manage 3rd party data vendors/partner relationships for Business Intelligence capabilities; facilitate internal contracts reviews and Purchase Orders
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Bechelor’s degree with 8 years of Business Intelligence experience required.
- 5+ years managing a team of direct report (s) preferred
- Experience in pharmaceutical healthcare and/or pharma healthcare consulting industry with focus on business intelligence, data management or analytics working with commercial data sets.
- Ability to think strategically about key business questions, insights and recommend solutions that align with business strategy and achieve the greatest business impact
- Expert level skills in a range of BI technologies (Microstrategy, Tableau and Qliksense) and applications and willingness to learn and use new technologies
- Exceptional qualitative, quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Excellent influencing skills, with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively with key business partners, IT leadership teams, and external service providers
- Excellent listening skills, verbal and written communication skills, including effective presentation and meeting facilitation skills
- Roll-up sleeves mentality and willingness to dive deep, working alongside direct reports or peers when needed
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Job ID R0014706