Area Sales Director -East, NINLARO
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2019.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Area Sales Director -East, NINLAROApply Now
The Area Director of Sales is accountable for building, motivating, and leading their assigned sales team. This position directly manages regional sales leaders and is responsible for the execution and implementation of all sales strategies. Expectations include driving superior sales results consistent with Takeda values, as well as implementing processes to improve and support the field sales team. The AD must maintain a thorough understanding of the oncology market landscape and is expected to stay abreast of industry trends or events that impact their organization. This position works in partnership with other key functions including Marketing, Patient Value & Access (PVA), Medical Affairs, Business Analytics & Insights, Sales Operations, and Sales Training.
- Recruit, motivate and lead the field sales team
- Role model – and instill in their teams – Takeda values, including Patient, Trust, Reputation, and Business (PTRB)
- Drive exceptional results in a highly competitive market
- Provide strategic sales input into marketing plans and operational reviews
- Execute all strategies, programs & tactics to support marketing promotional and educational programs, customer relationship management (CRM), and other field sales initiatives
- Ensure sales team adherence to all company policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Develop and implement key sales team processes, including but not limited to incentive plans, recognition programs, performance management, and CRM system
- Build teamwork with internal stakeholders, such as Sales Operations, Sales Training, Marketing, PVA, Business Analytics & Insights, Legal, Regulatory, and Medical Affairs
- Collaborate with cross-functional areas including internal stakeholders
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10 years of pharmaceutical experience
- Proven record as an effective sales leader with demonstrated understanding of all sales-related processes such as targeting/segmentation, planning, objective setting, training, execution, performance management, and reward/recognition
- Demonstrated success in leadership competencies, creative problem solving and team partnership skills
- Knowledgeable in all applicable laws and regulations related to the healthcare industry
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written presentation skills
- Prior marketing, operations, or training experience preferred
Position may require up to 60% travel domestically
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more attakedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please
USA - Boston - Sales Remote
Job ID R0014816