Agile and Digital Methods Lead
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2019.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Agile and Digital Methods LeadApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Agile and Digital Methods Lead in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a Agile and Digital Methods Lead working on the Digital Culture and Experience team, you will be empowered to develop Takeda’s workforce of the future and unleash the creativity of Takeda’s employees. In this role, you will contribute to Takeda’s mission by driving Takeda’s transformation to an Agile/Lean application development organization. A typical day will include:
- Drive Takeda’s transformation to an Agile/Lean application development organization by educating and supporting teams as they learn the principles of Scrum and Kanban.
- Develop Takeda’s workforce of the future by creating, procuring, facilitating and enabling digital and agile content designed to educate, inform, and engage a diverse global audience.
- Unleash the creativity of Takeda’s employees through the creation and facilitation of design thinking workshops that help participants transcend current technical and mindset constraints to think about
- Conduct needs assessments to drive the creation of relevant learning content that supports digital transformation, including design thinking, agile application development, and emerging technologies.
- Drive digital transformation through the creation and facilitation of design thinking workshops to identify technology and process needs and to create strategic roadmaps for advancing digital capabilities across business units.
- Educate and support teams as they learn the principles of Lean/Agile and SAFe in order to transform how the global organization approaches digital programs.
- Help stakeholders identify appropriate technical and process solutions that leverage backbone technologies, enterprise architecture standards, advanced analytics and strong user experience, and act as a liaison with technical teams to ensure the appropriate engagement levels across a variety of platforms.
- Build and maintain a design thinking curriculum that leverages instruction, self-study, games, simulations, and role-play in order to create a community of design-thinking practitioners across the enterprise.
- Design and build compelling, high impact and interactive learning modules and experiences using proven adult learning methodologies.
- Source external content focusing on impact, time commitment, delivery method and cost
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- 4-year Bachelors’ degree (required)
- 2+ years’ experience within a Lean/Agile development environment
- Thorough understanding of Scrum, Kanban, and/or SAFe methodologies
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, and ability to reach audiences of all levels of a large global organization (required)
- Comfortable leading multi-day workshops and training modules (required)
- Experience developing learning content using recognized instructional design methodologies (required)
- Experience sourcing and partnering with vendors to leverage external content. (required)
- Business mindset coupled with intense intellectual curiosity (required)
- Experience building active communities of practice (required)
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships and to influence others to move toward common goals (required)
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations (required)
- Experience with computer-based learning software (e.g. Articulate, Captivate, Microsoft Sway, etc.) that incorporates video, audio (podcasts), and interactive experiences (preferred)
- Demonstrated knowledge or interest in digital technologies (preferred)
- Understanding of latest digital trends and direction of digital innovation (preferred)
- Pharmaceutical industry experience (preferred)
- Facility with Agile project management (preferred)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, SharePoint and PowerPoint required
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Job ID R0011436