Key Account Manager Rare DiseasesApply NowEmail Me Job ID R0031547 Date posted 04/20/2021 Location: Budapest, Hungary
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Key Account Manager Rare Diseasesin Hungary.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D- driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potentialthrough life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strivefor excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
Activities and Responsibilities
Purpose of the Role
- To work and connect with all involved national and local parties and arrange follow-up on the treatment of patients with Takeda products.
- To promote our products as defined by the company, to healthcare professionals in relevant target groups in the territory.
- To maximize the business benefit, sales and profit, through the local implementation of Takeda marketing strategy by organizing all necessary contacts and activities in collaboration with LOC Marketing and Medical Affairs and within the agreed promotional and cost budget.
- Participation/Lead in projects as defined by the national, EE or Commercial Unit management.
Responsibilities (% of Time):
- Opinion leader and Key account management in centers, support and leverage customer connectivity locally and internationally. (40%)
- Product promotion at scientific events. (20%)
- Plan promotion with management of local investment budget. Plan and record activities. (20%)
- Obtain, share and leverage competitive market intelligence. (10%)
- Initiate and organize medical education activities to increase disease awareness and support product promotion. (10%)
Internal and External Contacts
- Reports to Commercial Head Rare Diseases Franchise
- Regular contacts and exchange with LOC/EE colleagues in marketing and sales, Market Access, Medical Affairs, Finance, occasional interaction with international BU
- Interaction with national and international peers
- Key Opinion Leaders, hospital physicians and hospital staff at secondary care level
- Local and national payers, e.g. at sick funds
- Patient organizations and regional medical societies and meeting organizers.
Area covered: Hungary
Education, behavioral competencies and skills
Key Skills and Competencies:
- The candidate has to be organized and able to manage a project in a result-oriented manner.
- He/she should also be able to work on his own without daily guidance/support from superior to achieve our goals.
- A high degree of flexibility in a rapidly developing market and organization.
- Positive attitude, enthusiastic approach.
- Analytical and challenging mind.
- Commercial acumen.
- Strong presentation, sales call, and negotiation skills.
- Self-starter mentally.
- High performing sales professional, able to be a role model for the subsequently starting Product Specialists in performance, attitude, creativity. Likely to influence team members through their work, and thus able to train colleagues with necessary, or lead of peers in projects and other work.
- Good knowledge in Microsoft office products and communication technology.
- Fluent in speaking and writing English.
Complexity and Problem Solving:
- The person must decide on his own travel/visit plans in the territory and where to set priorities in customer support to achieve our goals.
- Close interaction with LOC management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- University degree in Medicine/Biology/Chemistry/Pharmacy or equivalent
- Excellent expertise on the Hungarian health care system
- Fluency in Hungarian language. Good English language skills to allow efficient scientific reading in the disease area and to take part in international meetings and training.
- Able to undertake regular frequent travel by road including overnight stays.
- Ability to travel locally and internationally as required.
- 5+ years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry in similar KAM role or job profile.
- Commercial and marketing experience in pre-launch and launch activities with particular emphasis on hospital selling
- Intimate knowledge of the Hungarian pharmaceutical industry’s code of conduct and compliance regulations
- Existing contacts with specialists in rare diseases
- IT skills (MS Office literacy minimum)
- Driver’s license mandatory.
NB: Expected start date for this role is October 2021.