Sales Manager IBDApply Now Email Me Job ID R0008479 Date posted 06/18/2019 Location: Brussels, Belgium
- Ensure development and execution of annual account plans that are aligned with local strategic objectives and assure robustness of plans
- Ensure excellence in execution of the local strategy and tactics for promoted brands in all areas of customer engagement, be it face to face or remote.
- Build and maintain partnerships between Takeda and its customers and key stakeholders and develop long-term mutually beneficial relationships
- Provide the appropriate level of guidance, management and leadership for the team and
ensure they interact with customers /stakeholders in a continuous and compliant way.
Develop team capabilities in all aspects of KAM and ensure professional growth of the team members
Team Leadership & People Development
- Define, communicate and embed performance standards and measures in line with
- Coach for performance: Coach and develop each team member in order to achieve quantitative and qualitative objectives (reward and recognize high-performance, develop talent and address low performance)
- Build and empower a team where members take personal ownership of their work & development and work collaboratively with both, colleagues from all relevant functions within Takeda and external stakeholders
- Encourage a strategic approach among the team, considering the broader objectives and longer term impact of activities
- Ensure Patient-Trust-Reputation-Business principles guide own and the team’s planning and
Customer & Stakeholder Engagement
- Identify, develop and maintain professional relationship with key customers, KOLs
and scientific societies (as relevant). Identify new opportunities and ways to better meet
- Serve as role model in order to develop a high performing customer- and stakeholder-centric in-field team.
- Ensure roles & responsibilities are defined within team and clear for the team and rest of the organization
- Hold team accountable for development and implementation of account plans
- Ensure processes are in place to identify and manage risks associated with delivery of plans.
- Provide oversight of team’s activities and prepare accurate and timely reports on performance against KPIs and other analysis for senior management
- Ensure delegated budgets are managed efficiently
- Ensure all business operations within area of responsibility comply with company standards and Code of Practice, and to contribute to the monitoring of compliance with such codes across area of responsibility.
SKILLS and COMPETENCIES
Global Core Competencies are being used for this role.
Critical Skills and Competencies
- Collaboration: Influences through relationships, cultivates a broad network of relationships within Takeda and with external stakeholders and creates a climate that promotes sharing of information and open dialogue
- Drive for Results: Mobilizes high performance, shows a high level of passion for growth and business acumen, holds self and others accountable for commitments that align with our short- and long-term goals and putting patients first
- Engage Others: Inspires Commitment – motivates and influences others
- Patient centricity: Displays a passion for the patients and their needs, demonstrates a sound knowledge of therapy areas and patient pathways and puts patients' interests first in
- Customer centricity: Ability to understand the customers' needs, leading complex collaborations successfully and creating genuine win-win solutions
- Coaching: Support and coach the team members in maximizing their performance and achieving their professional goals; enable team members to draft their personal development plan; ensure commitment in executing on it.
Experience and Education
- Experience in a customer-facing role and proficiency in developing and managing a KAM
- Brand management experience and understanding of environment and business model
for BU brands
- Minimum X years of experience in commercial roles, ideally within the pharma / biotech
or healthcare environment
- Solid understanding of the business model, treatment pathways and the market environment
of the BU
- Launch experience preferred
- Team lead and/or project lead experience preferred
- Fluent in local language plus good working proficiency in English