Sr. Environmental, Health and Safety Specialist
Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Sr. Environmental, Health and Safety SpecialistApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Sr. Environmental, Health and Safety Specialist in our Brooklyn Park, MN office.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a Sr. Environmental, Health and Safety Specialist (EHS Specialist) working on the EHS team, A typical day will include:
- Responsible for developing and executing safety programs at the Brooklyn Park site.
- Provides technical EHS support for day-to-day EHS program management and operations within site (i.e., control of hazardous energy, chemical safety, confined space, electrical safety, and related programs).
- Manage day-to-day operations of several regulated EHS programs (e.g., internal audit program, risk assessment, chemical approval, EHS committee) and provide technical and hands-on support for the emergency response program.
- Initiate and drive projects within area teams to continually improve the safety culture and minimize risk of injury.
- Apply knowledge of risk factors to impact the design of safety features and controls in the operation of machinery and equipment.
- Manage the site EH&S committee and work with them to complete improvement projects associated with our site safety program.
- Manage environmental, health, and safety audits and other routine EHS inspections.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local regulations, standards, codes, company policies and related permits.
- Administer delivery of EHS training for employees.
- Participate on investigation teams, use RCA and fact based approaches to help develop corrective and preventative measures
- Facilitate the emergency response program, including potential night/weekend response.
- Perform other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in occupational health, safety, safety engineering, or related degree and 3 - 7 years of experience required.
- 3-5 years in Pharmaceuticals or Petro-chemical refining preferred.
- Possess a sound understanding of environmental, health and safety compliance programs and safety and environmental laws (e.g. OSHA, EPA etc.).
- Possess a good understanding of other relevant programs, such as: workplace audits; process safety hazard control; emergency response; and risk assessment.
- Possess good communication skills, time management and organizational skills.
- Possess basic competency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Experience with ISO-9001 / ISO-14001 / ISO-45001 (or OHSAS-18001)
- None required; professional certification optional
- The position requires a combination of sitting, standing and walking around the cGMP manufacturing facility.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- May be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) and other clean room garments daily. This may include: safety shoes, safety glasses, aprons, face shields, lab coats, full body gowns, hair nets and gloves and hearing protection
Brooklyn Park, MN
Job ID R0024230