Sr Buyer PlannerApply Now Job ID 1602910 Date posted11/22/2016 LocationBrooklyn Park, Minnesota, United States;
- Purchases assigned products at best total cost, consistent with quality, cost, delivery and other requirements at the plant level.
- review supplier performance reports to ensure conformance to supplier management goals (cost, quality, service, delivery).
- Plans, implements and leads strategies for supplier management initiatives such as the supplier quality standard, supply assurance programs, commodity pricing/market trending, cost improvement projects, value improvement projects (VIP) and minority sourcing.
- Develop strong, ethical relationships with key suppliers to ensure a beneficial relationship.
- Works effectively with internal departments (logistics, marketing, plant manufacturing, quality assurance, etc.) to support goals.
- Develop understanding of all relevant purchasing/logistic computer systems to manage day-to-day activities such as open POs, inventory, MRP reports, supplier reports, etc.
- Provide consultation to management and other groups regarding supplier/commodity issues, which may impact operations and provide purchasing and supplier management expertise to technical, engineering staffs.
- Create cost saving opportunities through competitive bidding, negotiations, etc., while maintaining ethical practices and win-win outcomes for both parties.
- Work with suppliers and internal supply chain team to develop inventory management strategies consistent with goals and targets. Work closely with supplier quality and process engineers to implement improvement plans and facilitate resolution of supplier issues.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or closely related field and 5+ years Procurement experience in a biotech/pharmaceutical industry required.
- Solid knowledge and experience in purchasing principles. Purchasing certificates preferred.
- Preparing & implementing policies, systems & procedures.
- Experience working in a fast paced environment with multi-project and multi-product manufacturing industry.
- Strong analytical, negotiation and team building skills.
- General knowledge of GAAP/SOX and an understanding of internal accounting controls.
- Self-starter, team player, effective leader and able to work in cross-cultural environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as strong negotiation skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. ERP system knowledge - SAP preferred
- In general, the position requires a combination of sedentary work and walking around the cGMP manufacturing facility.
- May occasionally work in a clean room environment and wear special garments and personal protective equipment (e.g. hard hats, safety shoes, safety glasses, ear plugs) due to safety requirements in specific areas.
- Some travel may be required less than 20%
we are driven to improve people's lives
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans. For more information, visithttp://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.