Senior Procurement Business Partner
Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines.
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business units are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Join us and discover a career that is life-changing for you – and life-changing patients all over the world.
Takeda’s Brooklyn Park manufacturing facility provides long-term strategic benefits by enhancing Takeda’s capacity to manufacture additional commercial products and investigational drugs under clinical development. This plant allows Takeda to establish and develop direct commercial bio-manufacturing expertise, and is poised to be a world-class biologics drug substance production facility. When fully constructed, it will be a 215,000 square-foot facility manufacturing multiple antibody products, including Entyvio.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
Heart of Innovation
The sharing of expertise by employees who have decades of experience with younger colleagues is an essential part of our work culture, playing an important role in both fostering strong community relations, and also in ensuring we maintain the quality of our products.
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Senior Procurement Business PartnerApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused,innovation-driven company that will inspireyou and empower you to shine? Join us as a Senior Procurement Business Partner in our Brooklyn Parkoffice.
As a Senior Procurement Business Partner,you will be empowered to lead and deliver best-in-class procurement support to the organization.
The Senior Procurement Business Partners holds responsibilities and accountabilities in 9 key areas:
- Continuity of Supply and Services Project Support Cost Control Stakeholder Management Supplier Relationship management Procurement Alignment Sourcing Compliance Staff development
- As Senior Procurement Business Partner (SPBP) you are the key contact to translate requirements of GMS business requester to Procurement activities, providing appropriate challenges to demand or specification where relevant.
- Supported by Procurement Category Management Teams and co-located Procurement Business Partners, the SPBP will ensure the correct balance of resources is utilized to deliver projects, and as such be able to deliver best-in-class procurement support to the organization. You will monitor progress of requests and provide regular scheduled updates to business requester.
- You will have direct interaction with the GMS site management team and multiple other functions at the sites (Quality/Engineering/Manufacturing/MS/Warehouse/IT/Project Mgmt/Finance/ Supplier Quality/Material Mgmt), while always representing Takeda’ism according to the code of conduct and ethics code.
- This position will also manage compliance with procurement responsibilities in line with local business requirements, with a focus on meeting the agreed local business requirements through the successful provision of goods and services from external third parties.
- Responsible for supplier management activities for all suppliers; these include contract and pricing agreement negotiations, problem resolution, project management, and supplier performance reporting. Also, ensures continuity and reliability of supply and risk mitigation.
- This will involve the execution of local spend categories and ad-hoc buying activities, including e-Sourcing and transactional contracting. In addition, they are responsible for converting above country negotiated contracts into local contracts and supporting roll-out of these arrangements within their location.
- They are required to participate in enough relevant training and skills development to ensure continuous improvement.
- The SPBP manages his/her team of direct reports, composed of Procurement Business Partners.
- Interfaces with divisional and corporate purchasing staff to co-develop/leverage commodity/category strategies and initiatives.
- Also interfaces with Div/Corporate to develop/leverage savings opportunities, economy of scales, risk mitigation, collaboration with suppliers at the regional or global level, and alignment around Div/Corp goals, metrics, and processes.
Continuity of Supply and Services
- Act as an escalation point for operational issues raised by customers/stakeholders.
- Provide regular updates on Site risks and issues. Follow up and follow through on Risk Mitigation actions
- Support implementation of new processes and technologies under guidance from Procurement and in alignment with the Global Processes and Operations team.
- Lead RFx processes as well as negotiate commercial terms and conditions for contracts and scope of work by identifying market data and commodity influences for effective negotiations.
- Provide regular updates on Purchase Price Variations, manage actions to counteract unfavorable PPV
- Provide regular update on Site savings initiatives
- Act as the face of Procurement and the go-to person for the GMS business for any procurement related activities at the site and under the scope of responsibility.
- Being part of and being an active participant in the local GMS Site Leadership Team.
- Engage with internal stakeholders to understand their business needs and context. Define purchasing needs, challenging internal stakeholders on-demand and/or specifications, based on requirements and in collaboration with the Procurement category initiatives.
Supplier Relationship Management
- Manage local and global/regional local representatives of supplier relationships to optimize cost, quality and service as well as minimize risks for operations.
- Manage supplier relationship management in the respective area of responsibility; analyze risks and set-up risk mitigation plan, set up continuous improvement programs with suppliers where relevant.
- Prepare purchasing projects and define objectives, resources, timelines, specifications, supplier selection criteria in close collaboration with the business.
Gathering requirements for global strategies and plans and providing support for local implementation of global and regional initiatives as requested.
Identifying cross-site activities and translate these into potential opportunities through sharing with the relevant category managers.
Responsible for interfacing spend and/or performance data requests, (e.g. savings, quality data, spend data) to support the creation and monitoring of target and performance tracking as requested by GBPL, GCL or RCM.
Responsible for driving procurement penetration and compliance to Procurement Policy and other Procurement initiatives across GMS and ensuring that GMS spend is channeled through the appropriate processes. This will include agreeing targets with GMS Procurement, Global Business Partner Lead and performing to those targets.
Participate in audits (if needed) and select final suppliers
Assist in the development and implementation of new contracts, policies and processes.
Responsible for performing continuous professional development activities relevant to the site and facilitate Procurement training requirements.
Provide leadership and guidance for the Procurement Business Partner team
Education and Experience Requirements
Degree level educated with business-related degree preferable.
Business level English,
Business level fluency in the primary language in site(s) under their responsibility
5+ years of relevant Sourcing & Procurement experience with experience in supporting cost reduction projects, value improvement programs, basic contracting, eSourcing and spot buying, preferably in a biotech/pharmaceutical industry required
Demonstrated understanding of some or the entire major spend categories and potential cost levers or market fundamentals.
Experience or demonstrated understanding in Category Management principles and frameworks and the development of sourcing strategies
Proven Financial and Business Acumen (e.g. TCO, TEI, NPV & Cost Modeling)
Experience working in a fast-paced environment with multi-project and multi-product manufacturing industry.
Experience in providing customer support over multiple countries
Experience or knowledge of offshore or shared service operating environments
Expert proficiency in basic MS Office© software
Postgraduate business-related qualification
Demonstrated ability in collating, organizing, analyzing and reporting complex financial data with solid grounding in basic procurement and financial processes and systems.
Documented international strategic sourcing, category management and / or cost reduction experience
Pharmaceutical Industry or Management Consulting experience
Experience with enterprise systems (SAP, Oracle) and Procurement / procure-to-pay tools such as (e.g. Ariba, Emptoris, SAP, SMR) is preferred
Any Professional Purchasing (e.g. CIPS) or Finance related licenses or certifications would be considered advantageous
Key Skills, Abilities, and Competencies
Excellent communication skills and demonstrated understanding of how to translate business requirements into Procurement operations and specifications with the best value and customer service in mind.
Strong people/stakeholder skills, and have demonstrated capability in upwards management, with the ability to appropriately and respectfully challenge.
Strong analytical, negotiation and team-building skills.
Self-starter, team player, effective leader and able to work in a cross-cultural environment.
Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as strong negotiation skills
Demonstrated understanding of some / all of the major Manufacturing and Supply direct spend categories and potential cost levers or market fundamentals
Proficient in Procurement specific systems and processes for the efficient management of sourcing events and contract negotiations (e.g. eSourcing, eAuction) with familiarity and awareness of relevant legal risks and issues
People management skills, lead a team of around 4 to 6 employees (depending on site); Develops, motivates, and coaches effectively his/her team
Internal and External Contacts
The site belongs to the x OpBu in the GMS organization. The Site Stakeholders in primary focus are:
Site Manufacturing Units
Site Manufacturing Science
Site Supply Chain
Site Operational Excellence
Brooklyn Park, MN
Job ID R0019225