Operational Excellence Manager
Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines.
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business units are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Join us and discover a career that is life-changing for you – and life-changing patients all over the world.
Takeda’s Brooklyn Park manufacturing facility provides long-term strategic benefits by enhancing Takeda’s capacity to manufacture additional commercial products and investigational drugs under clinical development. This plant allows Takeda to establish and develop direct commercial bio-manufacturing expertise, and is poised to be a world-class biologics drug substance production facility. When fully constructed, it will be a 215,000 square-foot facility manufacturing multiple antibody products, including Entyvio.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
Heart of Innovation
The sharing of expertise by employees who have decades of experience with younger colleagues is an essential part of our work culture, playing an important role in both fostering strong community relations, and also in ensuring we maintain the quality of our products.
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Operational Excellence ManagerApply Now
Program AGILE is Takeda’s Global Operational Excellence program. Takeda is in the process of starting up its biologics manufacturing facility located in Brooklyn Park, Minnesota. The Operational Excellence Manager will lead the implementation of Program AGILE at the new facility. This role will work collaboratively with the various key business leaders at the facility to implement a continuous improvement culture and processes to improve product quality, employee safety, business compliance and profitability.
- Identify inefficient business and manufacturing processes at the Brooklyn Park, Minnesota manufacturing site
- Lead teams to implement projects that improve the efficiencies of these business and manufacturing processes
- Implement Lean Six Sigma processes to improve quality of the current manufacturing processes at the site
- Implement Lean Six Sigma processes to improve personnel safety at the site
- Implement Lean Six Sigma processes to improve compliance to business processes
- Implement Lean Six Sigma processes to reduce the cost of goods to manufacture Takeda products at the site
- Proactively strive to instill a continuous improvement culture within the various business functions located at the facility to ensure the timely supply of quality products to Takeda markets and ultimately, to our patients.
- Is a role model with a continuous improvement mind-set, impact driven with a strong commitment to deliver.
- Proactively drives the AGILE Program at the facility. Develops and implements Continuous Improvement in alignment with the Global AGILE Team, leading to significant improvements in Safety, Quality, Compliance, Delivery, Cost and overall patient/customer satisfaction.
- Supports business leaders in establishing and aligning Lean/Six Sigma improvement and execution/monitoring methodologies to business strategic plans for the facility, including growth, quality, cost out and cultural change plans.
- Has the ability to perform detailed stakeholder analysis and develop change management models that maximize outcomes, executing improvement workshops in a manner that promotes operational excellence and drives for optimum solutions.
- Providing support to the Site Management and functional leaders in the development and deployment of AGILE Program, utilizing continuous improvement methodology across all projects. Helps to create the future state as it relates to shortened value streams, manufacturing strategies, cross-functional processes, and the establishment of uniform policies and procedures
- Provides leadership, coaching and training as appropriate to local Continuous Improvement teams.
- Enhance current operational excellence training at the site
- Enhance current AGILE business processes and implement new AGILE business processes
- Lead periodic program updates with site leadership team
- Support business leaders to build justification for their continuous improvement projects
- Coordinate project approval process with site leadership team
- Manage the Program AGILE projects at the facility
- Lead AGILE teams to drive these projects to completion resulting in improved process efficiencies that improve the product quality, improve employee safety, improve site compliance and reduce the cost of goods
Brooklyn Park, MN
Job ID R0012216