Manufacturing Associate I
Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines.
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business units are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Join us and discover a career that is life-changing for you – and life-changing patients all over the world.
Takeda’s Brooklyn Park manufacturing facility provides long-term strategic benefits by enhancing Takeda’s capacity to manufacture additional commercial products and investigational drugs under clinical development. This plant allows Takeda to establish and develop direct commercial bio-manufacturing expertise, and is poised to be a world-class biologics drug substance production facility. When fully constructed, it will be a 215,000 square-foot facility manufacturing multiple antibody products, including Entyvio.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
Heart of Innovation
The sharing of expertise by employees who have decades of experience with younger colleagues is an essential part of our work culture, playing an important role in both fostering strong community relations, and also in ensuring we maintain the quality of our products.
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Manufacturing Associate IApply Now
- Perform and document daily manufacturing operations according to SOP’s in a cGMP environment
- Operate biologics production equipment (bioreactors, filtration units, chromatography systems and fixed/portable vessels)
- Execute validation protocols
- Create or revise cGMP documents
- With general supervision or guidance will assemble and/or operate biologics production equipment, such as bioreactors, filtration units, chromatography systems and fixed/portable vessels.
- Perform basic trouble shooting
- Performs/assists with processing steps and/or manufacturing support activities by monitoring process parameters in batch record and control systems
- Documents cGMP data and information for processing steps and/or equipment activities while following standard operating procedures. Key documentation includes batch records, work orders, and equipment logbooks.
- Executes batch records and validation protocols under supervision/direction of others
- Author and review equipment use logs
- Performs inventory transactions in SAP
- Performs data entry into LIMS
- Accountable for completing assigned trainings within required timeline and actively participate in training activities.
- Stock production and cleaning supplies
- Perform cleaning/sanitizing production rooms and equipment
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS: (List the essential and desirable education and competency requirements to perform the primary responsibilities of the job. Any minimum requirements should be noted.)
Preferred combination of education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering; or
- Associate’s degree in science-related area and 1 or more years of relevant experience; or
- High school diploma or GED and 3 or more years of relevant experience.
- Experience in a regulated environment preferred
Knowledge, competencies and skills:
- Understanding of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and Good Documentation Practices (GDP) preferred
- Familiar or experience with cGMP within Biotech or Pharmaceutical operations preferred
- Knowledge of non-manufacturing functions such as QC, Regulatory, QA, and/or Materials Management a plus
- Prior experience with lab equipment a plus
- Knowledge of mathematical calculations (addition, subtraction, division, multiplication) and rounding.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be team and detail-oriented and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to perform basic computer operations, such as ability to navigate in MS Office, use email, and complete training using Web Based Training (WBT)
- Must be able to read and understand English
- Stand and Walk - Required to stand/walk while operating manufacturing/computer equipment for several hours at a time daily
- Carrying weight, Pushing, Pulling Lifting - Required to carry, lift, push, and/or pull up to 50 pounds several times a day for 15-minute durations while handling production equipment and/or materials
- Climb - Required to climb (use of stepladders/stairs in production areas, or stairwells in work campus) several times a day for 15-minute durations.
- Bend and Kneel - Required to bend, kneel, or crawl several times a day for 15-minute durations
- Overhead work - Required to perform overhead reaching during handling of production materials/files/supplies several times a day for 15-minute durations
- Moving Head and Neck – Required movement of head/neck while using computer applications and handling of production equipment and materials several times a day for several hours at a time
- Twisting - Required movement of twisting waist while setting up equipment several times a day for several hours at a time
- Repetitive Use - Required repetitive use of arms and wrists while setting up equipment several times a day for several hours at a time
- Must have the ability to work assigned shift (day or night)
- Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) and other clean room garments daily. This may include: safety shoes, safety glasses, aprons, face shields, lab coats, full body gowns, hair nets and gloves and hearing protection
- On rare occasions, travel may be required to offsite meetings or training event
Brooklyn Park, MN
Job ID R0015252