Manager, Warehouse Operations
Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines.
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business units are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Join us and discover a career that is life-changing for you – and life-changing patients all over the world.
Takeda’s Brooklyn Park manufacturing facility provides long-term strategic benefits by enhancing Takeda’s capacity to manufacture additional commercial products and investigational drugs under clinical development. This plant allows Takeda to establish and develop direct commercial bio-manufacturing expertise, and is poised to be a world-class biologics drug substance production facility. When fully constructed, it will be a 215,000 square-foot facility manufacturing multiple antibody products, including Entyvio.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
Heart of Innovation
The sharing of expertise by employees who have decades of experience with younger colleagues is an essential part of our work culture, playing an important role in both fostering strong community relations, and also in ensuring we maintain the quality of our products.
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Manager, Warehouse OperationsApply Now
- Responsible for managing and organizing activities encompassing warehousing, transportation, and inventory control of raw materials & chemicals, bulk drug substance and MRO spare parts throughout the plant.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the warehouse personnel to ensure all necessary Warehouse Operations are completed on time and safely while following all on site SOPs.
- Responsible for supervision of receiving, storage, internal/external transportation of batch related, miscellaneous, and other materials, and maintenance of GMP compliant warehouse.
- Manage and develop warehouse personnel; including day-to day operations, training, performance management, and attendance.
- Interact with plant management on operating issues relative to transportation, warehouse, and inventory control that impact plant operations.
- Adheres to corporate trade compliance regarding import/export.
- Maintains department schedules which support production without delays.
- Plan and coordinate efficient transfer of materials and finished products to and from production and warehouse areas.
- Responsible for maintaining proper inventory control procedures and documentation for all raw materials and production supplies and finished product produced, stored, and shipped from the plant.
- Adheres to all environmental, health and safety SOPs, regulatory requirements, equipment, policies and procedures, including any department specific requirements.
- Support plant-wide strategic plan programs and activities.
- Complete mandatory training within required timeframe.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5-7 years of warehouse experience in a GXP environment; or
- High School Diploma with 7-10 years of warehouse experience in a GXP environment.
- Ability to supervise activities of warehouse through subordinates with a minimum of 3 years managing others.
- Proficient in warehouse management systems and pc environments.
- Manage multiple priorities in a warehouse setting.
- Current or Prior Forklift certification.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. ERP system knowledge - SAP preferred.
- The position requires a combination of sedentary work and walking around the cGMP facility.
- Must be capable of climbing, kneeling, stooping and frequent lifting of up to 30 lbs. up and down to head and chest level. Occasionally will lift 50 lbs.
- May occasionally work in a clean room environment and wear special garments and personal protective equipment (e.g. hard hats, safety shoes, safety glasses, ear plugs) due to safety requirements in specific areas.
- Little to no travel
Brooklyn Park, MN
Job ID R0015716