Manager - Operations Cost Accounting
Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines.
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business units are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Join us and discover a career that is life-changing for you – and life-changing patients all over the world.
Takeda’s Brooklyn Park manufacturing facility provides long-term strategic benefits by enhancing Takeda’s capacity to manufacture additional commercial products and investigational drugs under clinical development. This plant allows Takeda to establish and develop direct commercial bio-manufacturing expertise, and is poised to be a world-class biologics drug substance production facility. When fully constructed, it will be a 215,000 square-foot facility manufacturing multiple antibody products, including Entyvio.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
Heart of Innovation
The sharing of expertise by employees who have decades of experience with younger colleagues is an essential part of our work culture, playing an important role in both fostering strong community relations, and also in ensuring we maintain the quality of our products.
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Manager - Operations Cost AccountingApply Now
- Serve as a business partner to the Brooklyn Park manufacturing facility by providing accurate, relevant and timely financial and control data reflecting plant operations and financial position.
- Lead Site cost accounting function, including but not limited to: product costing structure support, standard cost calculation, plant variation from standard, SAP and other system/master data management and other tasks.
- Actively support Brooklyn Park financial reporting responsibilities, including Month-end close, financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting, finance and business analysis, and other financial reporting.
- Actively support accounting management of Brooklyn Park capital spend activities, including monthly financial reporting, documentation and support, budgeting and forecasting.
- Lead the annual plant standard calculation, product costing support, SAP system costing support and Site variation reporting.
- Coordinate accounting activity with TBOS, TPUSA and Shared Service Center, ensuring monthly activity consistent across multi-entities.
- Serve as Finance functional lead in supporting SAP/system mgmt. for Brooklyn Park, and actively support implementation of other finance related systems, including but not limited to Fit4Plan and Fit4Analysis.
- Manage Site account reconciliation of balance sheet activity, including inventory, fixed assets, MRO, liability and inter-company accounts.
- Manage Site assets (Inventory, Fixed Assets, MRO, etc.) and partner with functional owners to ensure safeguarding and identify opportunities for business efficiency.
- Partner with Controller to execute month-end accounting close for Brooklyn Park.
- Partner with Controller in leading site preparation of annual and mid-year plant budgets/forecasts and provides requisite variance analysis against actuals monthly in a timely and accurate basis. To include, but not limited to, annual OPEX and CAPEX spend.
- Active support of Site development, management and compliance to Site internal controls, accounting procedures and business/financial audit activity.
- Partner with plant business functions to evaluate performance trends, working to identify opportunities for financial and business process efficiencies.
- Support Division and Corporate financial requests as needed.
- Complete mandatory training within required timeframe.
SCOPE OF SUPERVISION:
NUMBER SUPERVISED WORKERS - Up to 2
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting. CPA/CMA preferred.
- Minimum 8-10 years of progressive accounting experience in manufacturing environment (preferably biologics or medical device), with an emphasis on cost accounting, variance analysis and financial reporting.
- Experience with accounting for capital projects required (preferably including Site construction)
- Strong systems and reporting background; active in utilizing and improving systems to improve business process and financial reporting.
- Experience with SAP ERP strongly desirable, along with strong MS Excel/Power Point skills.
- 3-5 years of supervision experience preferred.
- Attention to detail – ability to thoroughly analyse data and identify trends and key data points to improve our business.
- Strong analytical skills, decision making capabilities and knowledge of GAAP and IFRS accounting principles.
- Strong sense of collaboration and service orientation to contribute to business needs and develop trust with management and peers.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an effective cross-functional communicator possessing ability to manage up and manage down.
- Ability to contribute ideas to address business issues.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently.
- In general, the position requires mostly sedentary work with occasionally walking throughout the facility.
- Constantly operates office equipment such as computer, phone, calculator, etc.
Occasional travel for off-site meetings (<10%)
Brooklyn Park, MN
Job ID R0013019