Maintenance Technician I
Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Maintenance Technician IApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused,innovation-driven company that will inspireyou and empower you to shine? Join us as anOvernight Maintenance Technicianin our Brooklyn Park office.
- This entry level position is responsible for performing daily checks and maintenance on facility equipment and systems, while adhering to cGMP standards and corporate safety policies.
- Principal duties and responsibilities include the operation and maintenance of plant utility systems under the direct supervision of a Facilities Supervisor in a rotating shift environment.
- Performs corrective maintenance and routine preventative maintenance on facilities equipment following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as necessary. Completes work orders, logs and forms following cGMP documentation practices.
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of plant equipment, including but not limited to, high pressure steam boilers; chillers; heating/cooling air handling units; process waste treatment systems; CIP equipment; water purification system (water softening and carbon bed filtration, reverse osmosis equipment, continuous deionization equipment, sanitary pumps, multi-effect distillation equipment); tank mixers; air compressors and dryers; and chilled water distribution systems.
- Responds to service calls and conducts repairs throughout the facility. May be assigned to escort a contractor performing work on the premises.
- This position will receive general instruction on routine work with detailed instruction on new assignments. Will be closely supervised and often is assigned to work with a more experienced, senior level maintenance technician.
- Primarily interacts with Facility Department personnel.
- Moderate interaction with other departments.
- Performs additional tasks and duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two-year certificate in a technical field such as HVAC, building trades or building utilities program, or equivalent military experience is preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience in the maintenance trades is preferred
- Ability to read and understand technical manuals and wiring schematics
- Must have good customer service skills and promote a teamwork environment
- Ability to obtain a State of Minnesota, “Special” Operating Engineers License. Possession of a higher grade license is preferred.
- Must be able to move throughout the facility as dictated by the essential functions and responsibilities of the position
- Requires climbing of stairs, ladders, and use of telescoping lifts
- Occasionally will be required to lift up to 50 pounds (i.e. Bags of water softener salt pellets once per month)
OTHER / TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
- Will be assigned to a shift rotation in support of 24/7 plant operations that may require day, evening, or night shifts that will include weekend work.
- Will be required to work in a clean room environment and wear special garments.
- Daily routine will also require personal protective equipment (e.g. hard hats, safety shoes, safety glasses, ear plugs) due to safety requirements in specific areas.
- No travel expected with this position.
Brooklyn Park, MN
Job ID R0020992