Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines.
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business units are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Join us and discover a career that is life-changing for you – and life-changing patients all over the world.
Takeda’s Brooklyn Park manufacturing facility provides long-term strategic benefits by enhancing Takeda’s capacity to manufacture additional commercial products and investigational drugs under clinical development. This plant allows Takeda to establish and develop direct commercial bio-manufacturing expertise, and is poised to be a world-class biologics drug substance production facility. When fully constructed, it will be a 215,000 square-foot facility manufacturing multiple antibody products, including Entyvio.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
Heart of Innovation
The sharing of expertise by employees who have decades of experience with younger colleagues is an essential part of our work culture, playing an important role in both fostering strong community relations, and also in ensuring we maintain the quality of our products.
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2019.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Laboratory TechnicianApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Laboratory Technician in our Brooklyn Park, Minnesota office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Laboratory Technician working on the Technical Operations team, you will be empowered to support general lab operations and assist in lab organization, and a typical day will include:
- Perform supportive activities for general laboratory operations, laboratory equipment preventative maintenance, sample pull, receipt and delivery.
- Support the Technical Operations group by performing routine laboratory tasks to facilitate the experiments performed by the associates and scientists.
- Assist in the general organization of the laboratory and perform some basic administrative tasks such as photocopying/scanning and organizing documents and files.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Enter project samples into a laboratory software to track sample receipt and testing.
- Preparation of assemblies for cell culture
- Washing and autoclaving dishes
- Prepare buffers and media and other solutions as appropriate
- Print and review log books for completeness
- Make labels and prepare tubes for sample splitting
- Place samples and archives in proper locations
- Manage lab inventory by ordering chemicals and supplies
- Oversee chemical labelling program
- Manage lab coat wash and return
- Help with organizing filing cabinet and assist in photocopying and scanning
- Complete all tasks in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Comply with company Standard Operating Procedures
- May perform equipment maintenance
- May perform other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Associates degree preferred in any Life Sciences with relevant laboratory coursework.
- 1-2 years of relevant experience preferred.
- Must be able to read, write, and converse in English.
- Must be able to demonstrate functional understanding of a laboratory setting and SOP’s.
- Must have basic computer skills. General use of word processing, spreadsheets, databases, etc. for the purposes of work execution, training, performance management, and self-service.
- Good interpersonal skills and able to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment.
- Knowledge of basic chemical and biological safety procedures.
- Must display eagerness to learn and continuously improve.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary or standing position for extended periods of time.
- Carry weight, lifting - frequently moves laboratory materials and portable instruments weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Climb - Occasionally ascends/descends step ladders to reach materials and/or to collect samples.
- May be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) daily. This may include: safety shoes, safety glasses, aprons, face shields, lab coats, gloves and hearing protection.
- May be required to participate for off-shift coverage or occasionally work off-shift hours to help support experimental schedule.
- No travel required.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Brooklyn Park, MN
Job ID R0008012