Recruitment Fraud Alert
Takeda has received reports that there are instances of identity thieves posing as Takeda employees in an attempt to steal personal information from job seekers. In these cases, identity thieves visit job-related websites and invite candidates to online chats. During the chat, they press job seekers to provide bank account information and personal identification numbers. If you receive unexpected offers of employment from people claiming to work for Takeda, we suggest you do not correspond with them, do not click any hyperlinks and do not open any attachments.
At Takeda, we will never ask for personal financial information during any step of the interview nor do we charge job seekers fees as part of the recruitment process. Takeda’s recruiting correspondence will be sent by a recruiting representative with an @takeda.com email address – not @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, @hotmail.com or any other email domain service.
If you believe you have been contacted by an unauthorized person, please contact your local law enforcement agency immediately.
Lead Data Engineer
Data Lead Engineer
Full-time. Flexible work available. Bratislava, Slovakia.
The Future Begins Here
At Takeda, we are creating a future-ready organization, one that evolves at the speed of science and technology using data and digital to meet the needs of patients, our people, and the planet. In order to make that happen, we need your help.
Join our exciting and new Technology Capability Center (TCC) in Bratislava, Slovakia. This specialized, innovative and state of the art center of technological resources will drive data and digital capabilities and solutions across Takeda. The Center will be home to approximately 300 change agents, organized into chapters and cross-functional squads based on agile ways of working.
Grow your data and digital skills, create and enhance solutions for patients around the globe, and help us create a data and digital-forward Takeda. This is a unique opportunity to become the heart of our internal innovation engine.
As a Data Lead Engineer you will Provide leadership and technical expertise to the analysis, definition, design and delivery of large, structured or unstructured data across different domains. You will prototype, maintain and create data-sets and data architectures.
- Manages and influences technical analysis, design, development maintenance and configuration of complex and non-routine data and leads the analysis, definition and design of data and the data architectures, including within R&D.
- Uses specialized in-depth knowledge of advanced data stores and analysis technologies, consults with data specialists and researchers to define datasets, analyze those within team priorities to support research and finding signals for targets.
- Contributes to and takes responsibility for creating future state roadmaps for complex data architectures, data explorations, data analyzes and data modelling within a complex Biology, Omics, Chemistry, Competitive Intelligence, Statistical and other relevant domains.
- Makes recommendations for data architectures, data analyzing methodologies and technology by using deep understanding of data industry trends, data analyzing possibilities, data roadmaps and strategic data plans.
- Guides decisions with projects and other IT groups by using persuasion and negotiation skills to reach agreement on approach and implementation.
- Oversees the impact of Medical and Biological data/datasets requests to support different research and leads data investigations.
- Leads a team of data engineers to support Life Science Research Data Initiatives, choosing the appropriate technologies and developing advanced architectures for the largest data problems, including for R&D
- Demonstrates advanced tooling and techniques to other engineers and traditional analytics organizations throughout the company
- Represent the team while working on project across domains and commercial. Is internal and external expert to-go-to in how to drive advanced Computer Science and Engineering skills and techniques
- Provides expertise to data engineers and peers and specialists, to support research
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors or Master Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent.
- 7 years or more of relevant experience
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, business acumen with problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work in an agile and rapid changing environment with high quality deliverables.
- Experience using a “Data Lake” environment
- Architectural understanding of Horizontally Scalable solutions
Tools and Technology
- Experience using Spark (Scala or PySpark) in a production environment
- Understanding of AWS (S3, EC2, Redshift, EMR, Athena)
- Experience with Informatica Powercenter
- Experience with data formats including Parquet, ORC or AVRO
- Understanding of Web Services as well as JSON formats
- Working knowledge of SQL and Relational Databases
- Experience with Multiple NoSQL datastores (Cassandra, MongoDB, Neo4J, …)
What Takeda Can Offer You
- A meaningful career, grounded in our values.
- Continuous professional growth and global careers
- A diverse and inclusive network of colleagues
- Flexible work environment, including hybrid working
- A collaborative culture encouraging an entrepreneurial spirit and agile thinking
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Paid leave
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus
- Food stipend
- Professional Development
- Paid volunteering time
- Summer schedule
- Education and Internet allowance
- Referral bonus
Similarly, situated employees earn 4.300 Euros a month. Salary is based on experience.
Employees have the opportunity to earn an annual bonus based on company, business unit, and individual performance.
Bonuses are available for referrals if your friends join Takeda.
- We care about your future. So we offer a retirement plan for employees, which includes up to a 3% match. You'll also have access to life insurance covering short-term and long-term disability in case of injury or death.
- When in need, we'll support you. Our Takeda-sponsored individual medical plan will give you access to timely health treatment for your medical needs. We also have additional payment available for critical illnesses.
- We understand mental health is also important. Counseling and support resources are available 24/7 through our assistance program for employees and immediate family members.
- We want you to spend time away. We offer generous paid leave and also additional time off for maternity, paternity and parental leave.
- We are committed to helping the world. You'll have the opportunity to participate in paid time away for volunteering activities.
- We know there's more to life than work. we return to the office, you'll enjoy a mix of remote working and in-office collaboration in our state-of-the-art facilities. During summer we have flexible workweeks with half-day Fridays.
- And some additional benefits because at Takeda, we invest in our people.
You’ll have access to:
- Daily allowance for meals
- Supplementary monthly payment to spend on retirement savings, educational courses, and leisure activities
- Assistance for home office internet or English learning expenses