Cloud DevOps Engineer
Business Area Overview
At Takeda, we are guided by our purpose of creating better health for people, brighter future for the world. Every corporate function plays a role in making sure we – as a Takeda team – can discover and deliver life-transforming treatments, guided by our commitment to patients, our people and the planet.
People join Takeda because they share in our purpose. And they stay because we’re committed to an inclusive, safe and empowering work environment that offers exceptional experiences and opportunities for everyone to pursue their own ambitions.
The environment is dynamic and evolving so you have to be adaptable.Maciej Niedospial Business Reporting Manager
I’m fortunate to work with a highly skilled, diverse and dedicated bunch of people and for that I’m grateful! My colleagues continue to amaze me.Sheelagh Gartlan Recruitment Business Partner
Takeda is a company that emphasizes diversity and inclusion, giving us people with diverse backgrounds, competencies and personalities. Together, we create more innovative ideas.Michelle Chen Human Resources Manager
Working at Takeda
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor to our global team.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 11 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2022.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
Cloud DevOps EngineerJob ID R0067655 Date posted Jun. 28, 2022 Location Bratislava, Slovakia
Cloud DevOps Engineer
Full-time. Flexible work available. Bratislava, Slovakia.
The Future Begins Here
At Takeda, we are creating a future-ready organization, one that evolves at the speed of science and technology using data and digital to meet the needs of patients, our people, and the planet. In order to make that happen, we need your help.
Join our exciting and new Innovation Capability Center (ICC) in Bratislava, Slovakia. This specialized, innovative and state of the art center of technological resources will drive data and digital capabilities and solutions across Takeda. The Center will be home to approximately 300 change agents, organized into chapters and cross-functional squads based on agile ways of working.
Grow your data and digital skills, create and enhance solutions for patients around the globe, and help us create a data and digital-forward Takeda. This is a unique opportunity to become the heart of our internal innovation engine.
As a Cloud DevOps Engineer, you'll work closely with Architects, Operations, DevOps, Security and other technology partners to design and implement our next-generation high availability, scalable cloud architecture. You will design/build/deploy complex, forward-looking Infrastructure as Code to support the Takeda Enterprise Cloud Platform and Applications deployed onto the Takeda Enterprise Cloud.
- Work as technical specialist alongside business, product development and infrastructure teams within a scaled agile environment, continuously managing short change cycles to drive to our future state strategy.
- Apply deep cloud infrastructure knowledge with respect to microservices architecture, design patterns, continuous integration, and continuous deployment
- Contribute to Takeda’s mission by leading the development and adoption of cloud-first solutions that deliver business outcomes and drive innovation
- Monitor for vulnerabilities and troubleshoot performance issues by implementing alert strategies for production environments
- Provision AWS environments using infrastructure-as-code and partner with development teams to design a robust deployment and patching strategy
- Work closely with product leads, scrum master, business customers to define feature specifications and build the next generation of digital health solutions
- Collaborate with infrastructure, network, and security teams to provision environments, configure services, and perform capacity planning
- Participate in support rotation, respond to system health alerts, and triage issues alongside helpdesk, managed services, and cloud ops teams
- Develop and maintain application documentation according to Takeda Quality Systems and Software Development Life Cycle standards and procedures
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related study, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience spanning multiple IT disciplines, including systems engineering, cloud infra, integration
- Practice efficient time management and coordinates tasks, working in an international environment
- Hands on experience building and maintaining AWS infrastructure (VPC, IAM, EC2, LBs, AWS Native CI/CD Services, S3)
- Highly proficient in provisioning AWS resources as Infrastructure as a code (IaC)
- Hands on experience developing Cloud Formation Templates
- Hands on experience in system level scripting using BASH and PowerShell
- Hands on programming skills in one or more high level languages like Python, Go, Node.js, Java
- Hands on experience with Docker containers and other orchestration tools/ services (AWS Fargate, EKS, Redhat Openshift)
- Proficient in handling CI/CD integrations with GitHub, GitHub Actions, Jenkins and deploying infrastructure and applications on AWS
- Fluency with modern DevOps concepts and CI/CD pipeline processes
- Good Operating System level debugging skills
- Familiarity with regulated systems and general level of understanding of quality systems validation
- Familiarity with container-enabled microservices and orchestration
- Familiarity with system and server administration (Active Directory, Linux, Windows, DNS)
- Familiarity with Terraform, Packer and Ansible
- Experience working in a life sciences environment
- AWS Certification (nice to have)
What Takeda Can Offer You
- A meaningful career, grounded in our values.
- Continuous professional growth and global careers
- A diverse and inclusive network of colleagues
- Flexible work environment, including hybrid working
- A collaborative culture encouraging an entrepreneurial spirit and agile thinking
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Paid leave
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus
- Food stipend
- Professional Development
- Paid volunteering time
- Summer schedule
- Education and Internet allowance
- Referral bonus
Motivated employees must be remunerated appropriately. The minimum salary for this important and responsible position is € 2640 gross per month (full time). The actual remuneration package will be guided by your professional experience and your qualifications, increased payment is possible.
Employees have the opportunity to earn an annual bonus based on company, business unit, and individual performance.
Bonuses are available for referrals if your friends join Takeda.
- We care about your future. So we offer a retirement plan for employees, which includes up to a 3% match of gross salary. You'll also have access to life insurance covering short-term and long-term disability in case of injury or death.
- When in need, we'll support you. Our Takeda-sponsored individual medical plan will give you access to timely health treatment for your medical needs. We also have additional payment available for critical illnesses.
- We understand mental health is also important. Counseling and support resources are available 24/7 through our assistance program for employees and immediate family members.
- We want you to spend time away. We offer generous paid leave and also additional time off for maternity, paternity and parental leave.
- We are committed to helping the world. You'll have the opportunity to participate in paid time away for volunteering activities.
- We know there's more to life than work. we return to the office, you'll enjoy a mix of remote working and in-office collaboration in our state-of-the-art facilities. During summer we have flexible workweeks with half-day Fridays.
And some additional benefits because at Takeda, we invest in our people.
You’ll have access to:
- Daily allowance for meals
- Supplementary monthly payment to spend on retirement savings, educational courses, and leisure activities
- Assistance for home office internet or English learning expenses
LocationsSVK - Bratislava – Svatoplukova
Time TypeFull time
View All Corporate JobsSearch
Manager, Communications Business Partner to Chief Financial Officer
Apply for Manager, Communications Business Partner to Chief Financial Officer Tokyo, Japan Other
Junior Data Scientist
Apply for Junior Data Scientist Bratislava, Slovakia Other
Junior Visualization Engineer
Apply for Junior Visualization Engineer Bratislava, Slovakia Other
We take action by focusing on our four priorities
- Create an exceptional people experience
- Responsibly translate science into highly innovative, life-changing medicines and vaccines
- Protect our planet
- Unleash the power of data and digital
About our location
Bratislava, BratislavaExpand Map