Recruitment Fraud Alert
Takeda has received reports that there are instances of identity thieves posing as Takeda employees in an attempt to steal personal information from job seekers. In these cases, identity thieves visit job-related websites and invite candidates to online chats. During the chat, they press job seekers to provide bank account information and personal identification numbers. If you receive unexpected offers of employment from people claiming to work for Takeda, we suggest you do not correspond with them, do not click any hyperlinks and do not open any attachments.
At Takeda, we will never ask for personal financial information during any step of the interview nor do we charge job seekers fees as part of the recruitment process. Takeda’s recruiting correspondence will be sent by a recruiting representative with an @takeda.com email address – not @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, @hotmail.com or any other email domain service.
If you believe you have been contacted by an unauthorized person, please contact your local law enforcement agency immediately.
Vector Production Lead, Global Gene Therapy Research
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that enables transformative technologies to address patients’ needs while inspiring you and support your career? Takeda is a world-class organization where we combine our expertise in disease biology, modality technologies and drug development experience to develop gene therapies in a holistic approach. We are seeking a highly motivated leader with substantial experience in vector production and gene therapy drug development experience to join Takeda to advance our gene therapy research effort. Be empowered and join us as a Vector Production Lead in the Global Gene Therapy Research Team.
As one of the Vector Production Lead in the Global Gene Therapy (GGT) Research Team, the incumbent will be responsible and accountable for the production and purification of viral vectors that contributes to discovery research gene therapy (GT) projects in the research pipeline as well as to conduct research that leads to continuous improvement of production process and product quality.
- Coordinate with Head of vector production in GGT team to prioritize vector production schedule. Partner with GGT modality co-leads to understand best ways to prioritize production schedule and partner with analytical and bioassays lead to efficiently coordinate scheduling and workflow.
- Partnering with project teams in decision making to agree on desired deliverables and timelines.
- Documentation of experimental details in the form of electronic lab notebook (eLN) and study reports.
- Present experimental designs, protocols, results and interpretations in group meetings, project team meetings and/or departmental meetings in PowerPoint format.
- Maintaining familiarity with current scientific literature and techniques in the field of virus production.
- Follow compliance of documentation in electronic lab notebook and author scientific reports that supports internal documentation and regulatory submissions.
- Demonstrate good organizational and communication skills. Expected to be accountable for effectiveness and timelines of completion of project goals.
- Ability to balance multiple projects under a demanding timeline.
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Demonstrates broad technical program knowledge
- Acts as the recognized scientific resource on an aspect of a program
- Demonstrates effective project engagement skills
- Identifies, plans and executes novel scientific projects and may manage the work of others in a direct or matrixed structure
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Independently manages workload and expectations
- Scientifically independent
- May influence decision making within the department
- Conducts scientific presentations to internal audiences
- Receives high level instructions on all work, determines methods on new assignments, works closely with manager, may manage junior staff
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- PhD degree or equivalent in a scientific discipline with 2+ years experience preferred.
- Expertise in culturing suspension cells in shake flasks and small scale bioreactors for gene therapies or protein production.
- Experience with scale up / scale down of stirred tank bioreactors.
- Familiarity with purification techniques such as affinity, ion-exchange and/or SEC-based column chromatography, ultracentrifugation, TFF.
- Experience in process development and tech transfer for upstream and/or downstream AAV production preferred.
- Ability to adapt to new and fast paced environment and navigate uncertainties
- Expected to work independently as well as in a team setting, identify challenges and seek input from colleagues and supervisor for solutions to diverse problems, and demonstrate motivation in pursuing scientific answers through thorough experimental planning
- Excellent interpersonal communication and written skills for presentations, report writing and day-to-day project team communications
This job posting excludes CO applicants.
Effective November 1, 2021, absent an approved religious or medical reason, all US office-based and lab-based Takeda employees who work fully on-site or in a hybrid model (as determined by Takeda) must be fully vaccinated to work at a Takeda site or to engage with Takeda colleagues or anyone else on behalf of Takeda. As of the same date, absent an approved religious or medical reason, US field-based employees, employees must be fully vaccinated in order to continue in their current roles. US employees who work at a Takeda manufacturing facility, and those who work at a BioLife center or BioLife lab, may be subject to different guidelines. Candidates are encouraged to speak with their recruiter to seek further information on the applicable guidelines for the Business Unit/Function for which they have applied.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.