Vaccines Business Unit Advisory Lead (Ethics and Compliance)
Boston, Massachusetts, Zurich, Switzerland
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
What makes a successful member of our team?
We take action and make decisions by focusing on our four priorities in this order:
Putting the patient
at the center
Life at Takeda
To keep delivering new value to patients, we provide growth opportunities for every employee according to their abilities and passions, and together are building a stronger organization.
Procurement Lead, Northern Europe
“Takeda is a unique place to work as there is no ‘every-day routine’ around here – it’s very a dynamic environment where change of plans and adjustments of approach are the constants... This allows for interesting cross-function collaboration and – if you’re up for it - a high degree of influence on your daily job and workplace.”
Regional Head, Europe, Vaccines
“Takeda is a great place to work as the company invests in the continuous development of its employees offering training, coaching, mentoring and open exchanges between all levels of the organization. Also, it is fulfilling to know that, within the Vaccine Business Unit, we are developing and delivering innovative vaccines impacting the lives of millions of people around the world.”
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
Vaccines Business Unit Advisory Lead (Ethics and Compliance)Apply Now
Ethics & Compliance (E&C) focuses on what the organization needs by ensuring
- Ethical behaviour plays a fundamental role in risk mitigation
- Being a forward-thinking leader in risk identification and mitigation
- Building a modern function supporting achievement of Takeda’s Vision 2025
E&C will respond rapidly to changing environment and business needs, it is close to the market, and encourages ethical behaviour in line with Takeda’s values. By working in an agile manner E&C ensures the balance between stable structures, governance, processes and systems, and dynamic approaches to delivering innovative solutions to appropriately manage our risks.
E&C commits to
- Act as role model for Takeda's values, ethics and values-based decision making, fostering this mindset in clients, partners and team
- Enable the organization to take decisions which are ethical and in line with our priorities of Patient, Trust, Reputation, and Business
- Collaborate across all E&C teams and partner with stakeholders in BU / BF to embed ethics and compliance as part of the way everyone works at Takeda
- Partner with the Vaccines Business Unit (VBU) leadership to champion and shape the organizational mindset around the Patient-Trust-Reputation-Business model to embed ethical decision-making principles.
- Ensure understanding of overall VBU strategy, business model, products/programs for efficient support
- Provide strategic advisory to VBU including external partnership, engagement, & clinical development activities.
- Identify and evaluate emerging industry trends and laws/regulations & communicate potential impact to VBU accordingly
- Partner with R&D E&C Operations to develop and carry out monitoring & risk assessment strategy
- Provide input into global E&C Policies/SOPs, initiatives or programs as relevant & interface with other E&C teams for VBU support
- Alignment with VBU Japan E&C liaison to ensure consistent overall VBU E&C support
- Learning Agility, curiosity mindset, proactive, & self-motivated & effective in a matrixed organization & stakeholder engagement
- Strong leadership skills including the ability to lead change and develop staff
- Demonstrated ability to navigate complex ambiguous situations: ability to develop & apply pragmatic solutions
- Demonstrated strong project and program management skills
- Experience in leading cross-functional projects and initiative
- Ability to successfully handle multiple projects or initiatives with competing priorities
- At least 12 years of legal or compliance experience, of which 6 years in the healthcare or pharmaceutical industry with R&D experience desired
- Bachelor’s degree; JD or relevant advanced degree preferred
- Extensive leadership role in matrix organization
- People management experience highly desired
- Good knowledge of and experience with laws, regulations and industry guidance that affect the pharmaceutical industry
- Understanding global regulatory environment and relevant regional or country code or regulation
- Experience in aligning potential, present and future compliance risks related to the business, including risk identification, controls & risk mitigation of potential non-compliance
- Strong business acumen and ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders
Job ID R0016514