Recruitment Fraud Alert
Takeda has received reports that there are instances of identity thieves posing as Takeda employees in an attempt to steal personal information from job seekers. In these cases, identity thieves visit job-related websites and invite candidates to online chats. During the chat, they press job seekers to provide bank account information and personal identification numbers. If you receive unexpected offers of employment from people claiming to work for Takeda, we suggest you do not correspond with them, do not click any hyperlinks and do not open any attachments.
At Takeda, we will never ask for personal financial information during any step of the interview nor do we charge job seekers fees as part of the recruitment process. Takeda’s recruiting correspondence will be sent by a recruiting representative with an @takeda.com email address – not @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, @hotmail.com or any other email domain service.
If you believe you have been contacted by an unauthorized person, please contact your local law enforcement agency immediately.
Vaccine Executive Communications Lead
Vaccine Executive & External Communications Lead
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Vaccine Executive and Communications Lead in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
The Vaccine Executive and External Communications Lead will partner on the development and delivery of thoughtful Vaccine leadership communications that connect and engage various external and internal audiences. This natural creative writer with a keen understanding of both science and business, will also partner with our COVID Vaccine Communications Lead in Japan to support our critical COVID-19 vaccine programs.
- Craft engaging communications for various vaccine stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Develop day-to-day communication deliverables for Takeda’s Vaccine Business Unit including, but not limited to: announcements, presentation materials, e-mail messages, speaker’s notes, social media posts, etc.
- Establish an internal/external storyline and messaging platform for the Vaccine Business Unit President, working closely with the Head of Vaccine Communications and other team members.
- Manage thought leadership opportunities for the Vaccine President, including events, panels, etc. that will maximize coverage and raise visibility of company leadership and initiatives.
- Be the main media relations contact for Takeda’s Vaccine Business Unit, facilitating media interactions with Vaccine leadership as appropriate, in alignment with Global Corporate Affairs External Relations and R&D Communications, as needed.
- Collaborate on communications related to our COVID-19 vaccine programs, including media relations, internal communications, stakeholder management, executive speaking opportunities and issues management.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelors degree – BS/BA in journalism, writing, communications or global health preferred
- Minimum 7 years progressive experience in corporate communications and/or journalism. Prior experience in biopharmaceutical space is desireable
- Ability to translate complex concepts into relatable content
- Established relationships with key business and/or science journalists
- A natural creative writer who can write clear, compelling narratives customized for various stakeholders
- Ability to work directly with senior executives and a proven track-record in developing authentic and inspiring executive communications
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to handle multiple projects simulataneously
- Strong organizational skills accompanied by the ability to multi-task and problem-solve
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment
- Team player and self-starter with a positive attitude
- A pragmatic and flexible approach to personal time management, considering the global/international nature of the role
- Able to manage and collaborate with agency team
- Excellent PowerPoint, Word, Outlook and Excel capabilities
- A skilled communications strategy mindset continuously focused on desired and measurable business outcomes
- A curiosity to learn more about trends in the executive communications space and bring learnings and best practices to the job
- Appropriately challenge status quo and support change, rather than solely implement current ideas, messages and tactics
- Global understanding, acumen and the knowledge of how to work in an international structure and varied cultures
- Effective collaboration across the VBU Communications team, as well as with other Communications functions in Takeda
- Ability to prioritize what matters the most in line with the Takeda Vaccine Executive and External Communications priorities
- Demonstrate quick analysis, good judgment and rapid response on corporate reputational topics and issues
- Effective November 1, 2021, absent an approved religious or medical reason, all US office-based and lab-based Takeda employees who work fully on-site or in a hybrid model (as determined by Takeda) must be fully vaccinated to work at a Takeda site or to engage with Takeda colleagues or anyone else on behalf of Takeda. As of the same date, absent an approved religious or medical reason, US field-based employees, employees must be fully vaccinated in order to continue in their current roles. US employees who work at a Takeda manufacturing facility, and those who work at a BioLife center or BioLife lab, may be subject to different guidelines. Candidates are encouraged to speak with their recruiter to seek further information on the applicable guidelines for the Business Unit/Function for which they have applied.
- Some overnight travel may be required.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.