Recruitment Fraud Alert
Takeda has received reports that there are instances of identity thieves posing as Takeda employees in an attempt to steal personal information from job seekers. In these cases, identity thieves visit job-related websites and invite candidates to online chats. During the chat, they press job seekers to provide bank account information and personal identification numbers. If you receive unexpected offers of employment from people claiming to work for Takeda, we suggest you do not correspond with them, do not click any hyperlinks and do not open any attachments.
At Takeda, we will never ask for personal financial information during any step of the interview nor do we charge job seekers fees as part of the recruitment process. Takeda’s recruiting correspondence will be sent by a recruiting representative with an @takeda.com email address – not @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, @hotmail.com or any other email domain service.
If you believe you have been contacted by an unauthorized person, please contact your local law enforcement agency immediately.
US Talent Acquisition Head - Oncology BU
Business Area Overview
At Takeda Oncology, we aspire to cure cancer, with inspiration from patients and innovation from everywhere. We value employees with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. As a member of our team, you would bring your unique perspective to help us achieve our aspiration and help us demonstrate our commitment to patients on a daily basis.
We ensure a tight connection from research to development to commercialization to rapidly meet the needs of the cancer community, optimizing our ability to bring transformative medicines to patients. Our demonstrated leadership in the treatment of hematologic cancers and solid tumors combined with cutting-edge science through multiple platforms, partnerships and therapeutic approaches, enable us to bring novel medicines to patients worldwide.
At Takeda, you will have access to the resources of a company with over 200 years of heritage, a diverse and robust pipeline, a values-driven culture and career development opportunities.
A Global Top Employer
It’s not about the headlines at Takeda, it's about doing the right thing.Brendan Turner Marketing Manager
Working at Takeda
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor to our global team.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 11 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2022.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
US Talent Acquisition Head - Oncology BUJob ID R0053299 Date posted Nov. 18, 2021 Location Boston, Massachusetts
As a member of Takeda Oncology, your work will contribute to our bold, inspiring vision: We aspire to cure cancer. Here, you'll build a career grounded in purpose and be empowered to deliver your best. Reporting to the Global Head of Talent Acquisition, Oncology, you will be responsible for implementing innovative talent strategies and for managing all aspects of full lifecycle recruitment for the U.S. based Global Functions and US Oncology Business Unit.
How you will contribute:
• Consult with and advise senior leadership and HR Business Leaders regarding critical talent and recruitment needs
• Create a recruiting strategy to deliver on business and talent needs that includes:
Assessing recruitment technologies and benchmark external best practices.
Deploying employer brand strategies in alignment with Takeda's corporate brand standards .
Participating in the development of the TA budget
Develop and deploy the right talent engine to deliver on recruiting strategy
Build an outstanding team and provide leadership, coaching, mentoring, and development
Evaluate, establish, and leverage vendor relationships to drive optimal delivery model.
• Work with Global TA Center of Excellence & Innovation and Takeda Business Solutions (TBS) to leverage enterprise wide programs, process and technologies.
• Ensure compliance with all required government regulations and reporting related to Takeda's hiring activities
• Monitor and report on recruitment effectiveness by measuring progress on KPI's and business goals
What you bring to Takeda:
• Bachelor's degree required
• Minimum of 12 years progressive human resources inclusive of 5+ years' of talent acquisition experience required
• Minimum of 2 years of people management experience required
• Prior experience within a pharmaceutical or a biotech company, in a similar or equivalent
• Ability to work with a high degree of independence to plan, organize and implement TA
efficiency-improvement projects within time and budget constraints.
Location & Travel requirements:
• Around 5%, to relevant meetings and conferences, including overnight and international travel.
• This role is considered a hybrid position and you must be able to work onsite at Cambridge, MA on average 2-3 days per week.
What Takeda can offer you:
• Opportunity to make a significant impact to the patients we serve, by attracting, engaging & hiring top talent to roles they can thrive on
• Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
• Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
• Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
• Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
• Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
• Family Planning Support
• Flexible Work Paths
• Tuition reimbursement
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Absent an approved religious or medical reason, all US office-based and lab-based Takeda employees who work fully on-site or in a hybrid model (as determined by Takeda) must be fully vaccinated to work at a Takeda site or to engage with Takeda colleagues or anyone else on behalf of Takeda. US field-based employees must be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment, absent an approved religious or medical reason. US employees who work at a Takeda manufacturing facility, and those who work at a BioLife center or BioLife lab, may be subject to different guidelines. If you are contacted by a Takeda recruiter about your job application, we encourage you to seek more information on the applicable guidelines for the Business Unit/Function to which you have applied.
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
Time TypeFull time
View All Oncology JobsSearch
Senior Manager, Clinical Research, Medical Affairs - Oncology
Boston, Massachusetts Medical Affairs Apply
Manager, Clinical Research - Medical Affairs, Oncology
Boston, Massachusetts Medical Affairs Apply
Medical Science Liaison/Sr. Medical Science Liaison
Boston, Massachusetts, Delaware, Kentucky, Maryland, South Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, Remote Medical Affairs Apply
We take action by focusing on our four priorities
- Create an exceptional people experience
- Responsibly translate science into highly innovative, life-changing medicines and vaccines
- Protect our planet
- Unleash the power of data and digital
About our location
Boston, MassachusettsExpand Map