Translational Scientific Manager - Cell Therapies
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Translational Scientific Manager - Cell TherapiesApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovative-driven company that will inspire you and support your career development? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as Integrative Data Scientist at our Cambridge office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by a wavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world. Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission in Cell Therapies.
The fast-growing Cell Therapies team at Takeda is seeking an experienced Translational Scientific Manager who is also an expert in flow cytometry to drive the delivery of pipeline assets and platform/technical projects. The position works closely with Translational Leads and senior team members from the Cell Product Clinical Translational team to develop project plans to contribute to preclinical IND enabling studies and coordinate execution of the clinical Translational studies and biomarkers assay-development across highly matrixed teams with representation from I/O Discovery, Preclinical Pharmacology, DMPK, Process Development, Analytical Development, Clinical Biomarkers and Clinical Operations functions. Empowered by the nimble, project-centric approach of the Cell Therapies team, this role is critical to the team’s successful delivery of next generation cell therapies.
As a member of the Cell Product Clinical Translational team, this role will contribute directly to the development and management of clinical translational strategies in the Cell Therapies team, to enable increasingly rapid translation to the clinic of internally and externally developed cell therapies.
Success in this role depends heavily on strong scientific background, interpersonal skills, a keen attention to detail, a passion for project management and execution, technical oversight of clinical biomarkers assay development and broad knowledge in the IO and/or cell therapy preclinical and clinical translational space.
- Contribute to translational science programs and support the execution of the overall translational strategy developed at team meetings.
- Coordinate scientific meetings with internal Subject Matter Experts to design and perform translational experiments to support hypotheses around the biological functions and MoA.
- Subject matter expert in the development and validation of flow and mass cytometry assays.
- Provide technical and scientific leadership and coordinate with CROs for the development, validation, and implementation of flow cytometric assays in support of clinical biomarker strategies across Cell Therapy programs.
- Key organizational player of a highly skilled translational team that shares a common goal of delivering the optimal path forward for clinical development.
- Work closely with Translational Senior Scientists and Leadership to successfully deliver, communicate and execute translational strategy for projects and platforms.
- Develop project planning documents and archive project materials to ensure visibility of both project history, current status, and future directions.
- Manage execution of project plan, including meeting logistics, authoring of minutes, assignment of action items and tracking of internal and external deliverables to meet clinical study timelines.
- Drive timely decisions and accountability within team and facilitate active communication and information flow between translational team members, stakeholder functions, and governance bodies.
- Leverage project management best practices to facilitate cross-functional translational team meetings fostering a team culture of transparency, accountability, high cross-functional communication, and timely execution.
- Contribute to broader cell therapy translational matrix by sharing ideas, tools, best practices and lessons learned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree in life science-related discipline (such as Immuno-oncology, Immunology, Cancer Biology, Molecular Biology); Master's degree or higher preferred.
- Subject matter expert in flow cytometry and mass cytometry assays with at least 5 years of hands on experience with these assays.
- Experience in drug development, analytical development or clinical trial project management required.
- Cell therapy and translational development experience strongly preferred
- Broad knowledge of cell and gene therapies, clinical assay development, project management best practices and proficiency with supporting project management tools.
- Experience developing team culture, resolving conflicts, and driving decision-making in a matrix environment.
Knowledge And Skills
- Teamwork – Ability to work well in a highly cross-functional team environment
- Communication - Able to expresses one’s self clearly and concisely within team; documents issues and/or concerns concisely; timely and effectively communicates issues to supervisor and team members.
- Analytical and Problem Solving Skills - Able to troubleshoot critical issues or problems, determine causes and determine and implement solutions.
- Organization – Exercises good time management and prioritization skills and can successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Motivated – Self-motivated and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description.
What Takeda Can Offer You
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Job ID R0020948