Testing Service Manager
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Testing Service ManagerApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Testing Service Manager in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a Testing Service Manager working on the Testing Center of Excellence team, you will be empowered to define, develop and implement the procedures related to management and operations of testing CoE. In this role, you will contribute to Takeda’s mission by designing and implementing the regional Testing Center of Excellence strategy A typical day will include:
- Develop, execute, review and approve all system test and user acceptance testing of computerized systems for the testing Center of Excellence.
- Manages budgets and business plans.
- Manages a regional group of employees, vendors, consultants and/or contractors responsible for testing services
- Design and implement the regional Testing CoE strategy.
- Define, develop and implement the procedures related to management and operations of the testing CoE.
- Deliver of IS/IT testing services.
- Develop and maintain the regional testing CoE annual budget including monthly reviews, forecasts and allocations. This includes managing the testing resources budget for up to 20 projects.
- Manages a group of testing analysts/consultants who test, evaluate, and validate IT systems and identify issues in software or services.
- Manage the hiring and performance of the IS/IT testing staff within area of responsibility, and guide the development of individual staff members to insure appropriate skills and behaviors exist to accomplish function goals.
- Define, execute and monitor quality metrics related to regional Testing CoE, and lead continuous process improvement activities.
- Partner with IS/IT managers who support client areas to plan, prioritize and schedule the resourcing of projects and services including the use of alternative resourcing models such as Offshore.
- Oversee design, development and delivery of training to Testing Analysts and consultants (i.e. Tata International, Randstad, etc.).
- Lead the activities for the definition and implementation of testing best practices, standards, and procedures for IS/IT systems.
- Represent Takeda during FDA or other regulatory agency inspections involving computer validation, electronic record/electronic signature, data integrity, and overall IT Systems Validation and Testing.
- Partner with IS/IT management and key affiliate contributors from R&D, Commercial, and other affiliates to ensure corporate/local quality standards and policies are applied consistently across all IS/IT projects.
- Has in depth knowledge of and stays current on the Global System Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology, IT compliance and computer system validation.
- Familiar with a variety of the pharmaceutical industry’s concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Provides consultation on complex projects and is considered to be the top level contributor/specialist for regulatory compliance and quality assurance for a project.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline and ten years IS/IT experience.
- Minimum of two years people management experience.
- Experience with validated computer systems. Experience in pharmaceutical industry is highly desirable.
- Ability to lead teams in the correct interpretation of regulations
- Demonstrated the ability to make quality decisions that will set precedence for systems development.
- Good oral and written communications skills, business acumen with problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to write and speak the English language
- American Society for Quality (ASQ)
- Certified Software Quality Engineer (CSQE)
- Certified Quality Auditor (CQA)
- Quality Assurance Institute (QAI)
- Certified Quality Auditor (CQA)
- Certified Software Test Engineer (CSTE)
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Job ID R0014928