Technology Lead, Manager- Machine Learning/Deep Learning- Scientific Informatics
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2019.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Technology Lead, Manager- Machine Learning/Deep Learning- Scientific InformaticsApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Technology Lead - Machine Learning/Deep Learning in our Cambridge, MA or San Diego CA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
For the Takeda global scientific community who aspire to deliver transformative medicines to patients Scientific Informatics is the technology leader, with domain specific expertise, that provides innovative platforms and technologies to improve both operational efficiency and data-driven decision making. As an embedded partner Scientific Informatics is at the leading edge of both science and technology and proactively reacts to the changing scientific environment and needs of researchers in an agile fashion to deliver timely, value-adding solutions.
As a Technology Lead on the Scientific Informatics team, you will be applying artificial intelligence and machine learning in solving real and difficult problems in cheminformatics, bioinformatics and imaging informatics and enable data-driven decision making in drug discovery and development in all modalities and therapeutic focuses.
- Provide technical leadership in applying machine learning approaches in drug discovery and development processes, i.e. target identification, lead identification, lead optimization.
- Provide technical leadership to identify, design, develop and deploy solutions to scientific R&D problems within the product focused R&D organization and contribute to complex product-oriented roadmaps.
- Manage large complex solutions, lead identification of business problems, design and deployment within the product organization and IT.
- Collaborate with computational scientists at each site to provide technologies and models to support drug discovery and development projects in different therapeutic areas using machine learning techniques (emphasis on deep learning)
- Drive integration of the modeling pipelines into internal data mining platforms together with end-users (chemists, biologists, computational chemists or biologists) and IT support to increase adoption
- Manage and influence technical product development approaches, the use different technologies, patterns and design methods along with modern scripted deployment techniques to rapidly and iteratively deliver on product development and enhancements
- Contribute to and take responsibility for the overall technical strategy & influences operational strategy of the function aligning with associated disciplines both in R&D and IT
- Monitor and manage the implementation of major plans, products and programs within a capability line across R&D disciplines taking a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions.
- Works independently to navigate complex situations with guidance in only the most business critical situations with wider strategic impact. Provides leadership to own discipline and influences other disciplines.
- Builds strong relationships with both R&D and other IT functions and employs effective negotiation skills to reach agreement with internal or external parties and act as a point of escalation for complex non-routine problems
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s or equivalent in Computer Science, Data Science, Cheminformatics, Bioinformatics or a related quantitative field
- Four or more years of experience in applied machine learning, or equivalent
- Advanced Python and R programming skills
- Experience with Deep Learning machine learning frameworks, like PyTorch, Keras, Tensorflow, etc
- Actively participate in the scientific and technology community to stay current with algorithm, methodology, and state of the art data engineering technologies
- Up-to-date expertise in the solution area assigned and continuously enhances own skills.
- Strong interpersonal and excellent oral and written communications skills, business acumen with problem solving and analytical skills
- Master or higher Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Cheminformatics, Bioinformatics or a related quantitative field
- Experience of working with research chemists or biologists in an academic or industrial setting for learning pipeline development
- Deep understanding of pharmaceutical R&D scientific processes.
- Experience with cloud based big data computing environment
- Experience with the design and development of pharmaceutical life sciences software or solutions.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
San Diego, CA
Job ID R0012523