Sr. Research Associate - Histotechnologist
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Sr. Research Associate - HistotechnologistApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Sr. Research Associate - Histotechnologist in our Cambridge office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
We are looking for an experienced individual with a strong background in histology who is highly motivated and passionate for driving scientific growth in the laboratory by developing additional assays in collaboration with a dynamic team of investigative toxicologists and pathologists as part of nonclinical safety assessment of new drug candidates.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with histology and development of new protocols in immunohistochemistry, in situ hybridization, with the ability to independently troubleshoot and solve technical problems. Successful candidates will be able work within a matrixed organization, across multiple reporting lines and functional areas. The position is within a laboratory in an expansion phase, with expectations for excellent interpersonal skills supporting and maintaining the current highly collaborative environment.
Primary responsibilities include performing routine histologic processing of formalin-fixed tissues from rodent and non-rodent toxicity studies, target identification and validation in specimens from human and animal models of human disease.
- Work on development, optimization, validation and analysis of assays in immunohistochemistry and in-situ hybridization.
- Desirable attributes include experience performing quality collection, handling and analysis of frozen tissue samples with accurate execution of existing biomarker assays (Mesoscale and Luminex platforms), generation of tissue microarrays and slide-based image analysis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform basic histology procedures (e.g. handling unfixed and fixed human and animal tissues, accurate slide and cassette labeling, tissue trimming, processing, embedding, paraffin and frozen microtomy, generating tissue microarrays, routine H&E staining and special histochemical staining, coverslipping, archiving of specimens)
- Ensure and maintain preanalytical specimen handling integrity and quality to meet molecular pathology laboratory standards.
- Maintain adequate stock and efficient use of supplies necessary for performing all procedures, and preparation of reagents as required.
- Maintain laboratory equipment and assist with identification and execution of process improvement.
- Development, optimization, and validation of immunohistochemistry and in-situ hybridization assays. Ensure the use of appropriate positive/negative tissue controls, fixations, staining procedures/techniques, and solution preparation. Perform dilution calculations, moderately complex chemistry, and problem solving.
- Communicate troubleshooting and methods design with study pathologists.
- Opportunity to develop strategies for generating novel and/or enhanced traditional biomarker assays based on Luminex or Mesoscale platforms.
- Perform routine scanning of stained slidesusing slide image acquisition systems (e.g. Aperio ScanScope/Versa; Phillips Ultra Fast Scanner, or similar) and, manage the slide image database (e.g. Aperio eSlide manager; Phillips Philips IntelliSite Solution, or similar).
- May participate in using tissue imaging-based technologies for data generation or development of tissue-based biomarker assays, possibly including the use of image analysis.platforms such as Halo, Visiopharm, MetaMorph or similar.
- Adhere to chemical agent, facility, and bio-facility safety requirements.
- Understand and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Study Protocol requirements for all laboratory assigned activities.
- Maintain proper documentation, archiving and routine quality control on all generated specimens and data in compliance with corporate policies and practices.
- Demonstrate a clear interest and ability in learning new skills along with the ability to be organized, multitask, communicate effectively with a team and diverse individuals.
- Minimum BS or MS degree in a Biological or Life Science.
- 2-4+ years of relevant clinical or research histotechnology laboratory experience.
- Demonstrated strong background in IHC/ISH techniques, ASCP qualification in immunohistochemistry (QIHC) preferred.
- Necropsy experience is desirable.
- American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) certification: HT (desirable), HTL (preferred).
- Experience with collection and documentation of research data in compliance with Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs) is desirable.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Job ID R0014618