What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the top traits we are looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Engage Others Motivates and influences others to gain support for ideas, strategies and actions in service to providing superior pharmaceutical products to patients; provides appropriate background so that messages are meaningful with audiences.
Collaboration Establishes productive relationships and partners with others across the organization to ensure common understanding of objectives and achieve shared goals.
Drive for Results Holds self and others accountable for delivering on commitments that align with our short- and long-term goals, never forgetting the end result is to help patients through innovation in medicine.
Strategic Approach Makes sound decisions that are consistent with our mission, values and organizational objectives.
Lead Change Proactively evaluates, promotes, and initiates change that creates value for patients, the organization, and our shareholders.
Self Awareness Seeks feedback from others, modifies self-perceptions and actions based on this feedback, and actively develops skills and behaviors to enhance contribution.
Develop Capabilities Seeks opportunities to develop oneself and others so that we can continue to achieve sustained growth.
Takeda builds strong, borderless and empowered teams through fairness and promoting shared goals. By working together, we optimize energy and can lead the change for a better world.
Takeda implements bold initiatives on a daily basis by striving for continuous improvement and encouraging enthusiasm and creativity. This value speaks to attracting the best minds in the industry that are committed to delivering novel therapies to patients worldwide.
Takeda respects and includes a broad range of people and ideas in its daily operations. Our organization encourages each individual to act with empathy and to apply their unique skills to realize the company’s true potential.
Takeda's drive comes from perseverance, urgency and a strong desire to contribute to patients. We put this passion to work in everything we do and demonstrate courage to fight for ideas and objectives to raise the quality of our solutions, create stronger ties with our stakeholders, and deliver results.
Takeda works to meet its responsibilities to stakeholders on a daily basis. We provide adequate support and challenge to ensure we deliver high-quality solutions that help more people around the world.
Takeda appropriately shares information and promotes honest, sincere dialogue with stakeholders to build trust. This trust enables us to strengthen our relationships with employees and external communities.
Medicine for the World
Inspired by Patients
Corporate Citizenship Activities
News and Events
Moving Mountains My Story and Why I’m Climbing.
I oversee Corporate Communications at Takeda Oncology. We're committed to discovering and developing treatments for patients with cancers.
One Vision: We aspire to cure cancer.
Takeda completes acquisition of ARIAD Pharmaceuticals, Inc., significantly enhancing our global oncology portfolio and reinforcing our commitment to develop medicines for patients living with cancer.
Rushing Toward a Cure (RTC) launched in 2006 in partnership with the Patriots Radio Network (WBZ 98.5) and our local chapter of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS). With RTC, Takeda Oncology contributes a set financial donation to the LLS for every 100 rushing yards gained by New England during the pre, regular and post-seasons. This money helps fund vital blood cancer research, patient services and education programs.
Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited is a global, research and development-driven organization working internally and with external partners to translate science into life-changing medicines. Takeda focuses on the core therapeutic areas of oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience and providing vaccines that address the most important infectious diseases. Novel products, especially in oncology and gastroenterology, as well as our presence in emerging markets, fuel our growth.
Our US Offices are in Cambridge, MA. Research & Development employees in our Cambridge location focus on oncology, gastroenterology, immunomodulation, biologics, translational research, and external innovation. In March 2016, we opened our newest space at 300 Massachusetts Avenue, featuring 230,000 square feet of state-of-the-art office and lab space.
While Takeda is enjoying tremendous growth as an emerging global leader in the pharmaceutical industry, we remain ever mindful of our commitment to serve people worldwide by striving toward better health through leading innovation in medicine. In short, we are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Senior Principal / Scientific Fellow in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Senior Principal / Scientific Fellow working on the statistical quantitative team, you will be empowered the R&D statistical team and a typical day will include:
The purpose of this position is to provide study level statistical expertise by:
- Participating in designing and independently analyzing and interpreting data from clinical studies.
- Using standards to maximize global data integratability and interpretability.
- Leveraging internal and external resources to achieve quality, timely and cost-effective study deliverables.
- Represent the statistics function in support of clinical studies, generally supporting multiple studies at a time.
- Provide statistical input to feasibility assessments, development and submission plans, and in support of regulatory submissions.
- Provide statistical support with minimal supervision in the development and review of the study synopsis, protocol, statistical analysis plan, clinical study report, and other regulatory submission documents, ensuring accurate and statistically valid deliverables.
- Implement project level database (including derived database), analysis and reporting standards. Provide suggestions to achieve high quality databases and specifications by working with Data Management and Programming at project level.
- Plan and direct study-level analysis and reporting activities (eg, tables, listings, graphs) including review of work by programmers.
- Identify study-level vendor requirements and participate in the evaluation/selection of analytical vendors. Provide technical oversight of statistical activities of external vendors to ensure timeliness and quality of analysis data and statistical outputs. Review and approve key statistical vendor deliverables.
- Anticipate and communicate study level resource and quality issues that may impact deliverables or timelines. Propose and implement solutions. Escalate issues to management as appropriate.
- Consider and evaluate alternative analysis methodology and data presentation techniques.
- Support development and implementation of departmental standards and process improvements.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- PhD in statistics or biostatistics or equivalent with minimum of 8 years of relevant experience or MS in statistics or biostatistics or equivalent with minimum of 12 years of relevant experience.
- Expert knowledge of clinical study designs, common analysis methods, descriptive and inferential statistics, summarization of data and presentation practices.
- Advanced knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry including understanding of clinical drug development process and associated documents.
- Advanced knowledge of FDA and ICH regulations and industry standards applicable to the design and analysis of clinical trials.
- Advanced knowledge of statistical programming languages (including SAS), software. Working knowledge of UNIX operating systems, and common software products and technologies used in conjunction with SAS (e.g., Microsoft OfficeÒ products).
- Project management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Good collaborative skills and ability to work with a cross-functional team.
- Access to transportation to attend various meetings held in proximity to the Takeda offices.
- Able to fly to various meetings at investigator, vendor or regulatory agency sites.
- Some international travel may be required.
Job ID R0005861
Explore the Area
Check out where you could be
working if you apply.