Senior Planning Lead/Supply Chain Integrator
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2019.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Senior Planning Lead/Supply Chain IntegratorApply Now
Senior Planning Lead/Supply Chain Integrator
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Sr. Planning Lead /Supply Chain Integrator in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Sr. Planning Lead/Supply Chain Integrator working on the Research and Development team, you will be primary interface between clinical supply stakeholders, including Clinical Operations, Pharm Sci, GMS, Clinical Supplies operations and Quality Assurance for batch release planning as well as providing input into Interactive Response Technology (IRT) design for randomization, supplying drug to depots and sites, and for return functionality.
- Responsible for developing end to end supply plan for innovative medicines in clinical development. The Planning Lead will attend clinical project meetings to gather relevant information, translating clinical trial protocol information into a study supply plan, forecast study product requirements, interacting and negotiation with key project stakeholders to provide delivery timelines and budget.
- Maintains enterprise view of clinical supply chain connecting CMC, clinical operations, and commercial manufacturing perspectives across the development portfolio.
- Responsible for scenario planning, clinical supply recommendations, and risk mitigation through detailed insight of supply and demand issues for programs of high strategic importance, high cost, and/or under con-strained supply.
- The Senior Planning Lead/Supply Chain Integrator will be a primary Interface between clinical supply stakeholders, including Clinical Operations, Pharmaceutical Sciences, GMS, Clinical Supplies operations and Quality Assurance for batch release planning.
- Provides input into Interactive Response Technology (IRT) design for randomization, supplying drug to depots and sites, and for return functionality.
- The position will utilize relevant technology, including the Smart Supplies system to develop scenario based supply options.
- Interfaces with Pharmaceutical Sciences group to ensure that trial supplies are appropriately supported and that appropriate stability programs are in-progress, and/or appropriate expiry dating exists.
- Works closely with Logistics function to pro-actively plan, document, and facilitate global cross-border supply strategies, including requirements associated with controlled substances, compliance to global trade standards, and in-country investigational product regulatory requirements for delivery of product to final destinations.
- Develop Operational Supply Plans for portfolio of development products both internal and acquired through external partnerships. Oversee forecast planning and inventory management of all relevant investigational medicines and comparators for portfolio, leading in matrix of SMEs spanning Takeda supply chain, Takeda pharmaceutical sciences organizations and external partners.
- Lead operational feasibility assessment, scenario analysis and risk mitigation for new clinical protocols, representing the clinical supply chain to global CMC teams and global program teams.
- Develop and maintain detailed clinical supply models for complex supply scenarios which provides a study baseline against which to monitor assumptions and inventories of finished goods in ongoing clinical trials.
- Lead establishment of enterprise approach to supply/demand modelling, risk identification, and scenario planning for clinical supply chain, lead cross functional planning teams to respond to unplanned events. Develop supply options, facilitate decision making, and communicate updated manufacturing and supply plans to all impacted stakeholders.
- Responsible for execution of Operational Supply Plan throughout development lifecycle, identifying leading indicators of supply risk and escalating through TPL and GPL to course correct.
- Liaise among Clinical Operations, Pharmaceutical Sciences, and Procurement disciplines in planning and managing appropriate levels of CTM and comparator supply in partnership with internal and external stakeholders.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- BS degree in scientific / technical discipline, or significant job-related experience dealing with global Clinical Supply planning, forecasting and use of IRT.
- 8+ years relevant Pharmaceutical Industry and/or contract supplier experience is preferred.
- Expert understanding of clinical supply planning, and supply/demand forecasting
- Experience with Medical Devices a plus.
- Strong understanding of cGMP requirements
- Proficiency in computer software applicable to IVRS/IWRS, Excel and MS Project or equivalent project management software is a plus.
- Ability to balance enterprise perspective with study and project-level deliverables.
- Ability to influence stakeholders from many technical disciplines and at many levels.
- Ability to apply multiple lenses to analyze and represent complex interdependencies, scenarios, and tradeoffs.
- Ability to lead and influence in a matrix organization.
- Leadership skills and strategic problem-solving ability; ability to predict issues and identify solutions.
- Excellent organizational skills: Proactive, management of multiple tasks of varied complexity simultaneously.
- Willingness to travel to various meetings or Takeda sites
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Job ID R0011133