Sr. Financial Analyst - CEI
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2019.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Sr. Financial Analyst - CEIApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Sr. Financial Analyst in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Sr. Financial Analyst working on the Finance team, you will be empowered to assist in identifying opportunities for operational improvements and efficiencies, and a typical day will include:
Assist with function/TAU and site monthly financial reporting process as well as support quarterly/annual planning activities. Set up and maintain performance tracking and analysis models. Partner with line managers to support financial planning and analysis for the function/TAU. Performs ad hoc reporting and analysis as requested.
- Work with manager to support the annual budget and Mid-Range Planning for function or TAU
- Support the Accounting team on monthly/quarterly closes, tasks including calculation of monthly accruals and preparation of journal entries
- Assist in identifying opportunities for operational improvements and efficiencies
- Support identification and tracking of Key Performance Indicators.
- Support strategic decision making through NPV analysis, ROI modeling, and other financial metrics.
- Serve as financial representative on teams and provides advisory services.
- Create and approve purchase orders. Ensure purchase orders are consistent with agreements.
- Distribute monthly reporting packages summarizing functional area financial results.
- Provide ad hoc reporting and presentation support as required.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
Education & Experience – Required:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 3 years of business experience.
- Previous budgeting/planning/monthly variance analysis experience.
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated business impact in previous position(s).
- Strong computer software skills (Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Understanding of methods, tools and concepts to prepare forecasts, ad hoc analyses.
- Financial planning/reporting systems experience (e.g. Cognos, SAP).
- Analytical – Ability to analyze monthly financial results and ROI outputs and to understand how to use this information to drive projects that will impact the business
- Teamwork – ability to work effectively in and foster a team environment.
- Communication – Excellent oral, written, and presentation communications skills needed
- Management - Ability to set priorities and meet specific deadlines in a changing environment, ability to be flexible, accommodating, and to deal with change effectively.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Job ID R0013458