Sr Business Solutions Manager (LOCATION: Deerfield, IL or Boston, MA)Apply Now Job ID 1601945 Date posted02/24/2017 LocationBoston, Massachusetts, United States; Deerfield, Illinois, United States; Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States;
- Leads the analysis of complex business problems and elicits and documents business requirements. Understands the customer’s business and manages relationships with key customers.
- Sets scope and business priority-setting for change initiatives of large size and complexity, and leads system implementations.
- Influences stakeholders to prioritize requirements and to ensure the total solution delivered to the customer meets/exceeds expectations.
- Proactively identifies technology solutions to meet business objectives, taking into account the implications of change on the organization and all stakeholders.
- Using knowledge of business operations, identifies and investigates operational needs and problems, and opportunities, and leads the implementation of improvements within area of responsibility.
- Sole contributor or leader of a small team to deliver IT solutions that allow the business to reach its strategic objectives and are implemented in a cost efficient and high quality manner
- Has authority and responsibility for a significant area of work, including technical, financial and quality aspects. When appropriate, leads organizational objectives and delegates responsibilities. Is accountable for actions and decisions taken by self and subordinates.
- Directs business process design and requirements analysis on large/complex project. Ensures documentation according to Takeda QMS standards, policies and procedures.
- Leads requirements gathering, prioritization and negotiation with business management on a BU level.
- Is a subject matter expert in the business area of expertise, understands one or more BU organizations and related technical landscapes
- Responsible for delivery of large-scale changes and delivery of IT projects.
- Makes decisions which impact the work of employing organizations, achievement of organizational objectives and financial performance.
- Influences policy formation on the contribution of own specialism to business objectives. Influences a significant part of own organization. Develops influential relationships with internal and external customers/suppliers/partners at senior management level, including industry leaders.
- Recommends strategy, validating and justifying business needs, conducting feasibility studies, producing high-level and detailed business models, preparing business cases, overseeing development and implementation of solutions,
- Actively shares emerging industry standards/trends with customers and peers within area of responsibility
- Assures projects and project team members follow all company and departmental policies, procedures and standards
- Ensures delivered solutions are compliant with associated federal regulations (SOX, OFCCP, labor laws, GMP, GxP, GCP, etc)
- Proactively identifies and assists in prioritizing opportunities to streamline business and/or system processes.
- The position reports to the Head of IT Systems – Commercial Quality
- Delivers system solutions and services across Global Manufacturing and Supply (GMS) Quality, and Commercial Quality business areas.
- Collaborates with business stakeholders, Global IT Systems – Quality (GIS-Q) Leads, Solution Specialists, Business Analysts, PMO staff, IT Infrastructure and Application Support staff to ensure successful execution of define, build and run activities for Quality Information Systems.
- Develops and maintains IT-business relationships with key stakeholders across GMS Quality and Commercial Quality units including IT demand management and system governance.
- Identifies issues and manages resolution. Escalates issues appropriately.
- Manages third party vendors and/or consultants to ensure deliverables are met as per plan.
- Provides delivery of medium-scale IT changes and projects for systems within area of responsibility.
- Provides input and support to project and department budget management process.
- Works with GIS-Q Leads, IT peers and business / functional representatives to develop and maintain Strategic Quality Information Systems Roadmap for GMS Quality and Commercial Quality units.
- Ensures that solutions are designed, developed and maintained as part of structured SDLC and ITIL business process.
- Maintains up-to-date expertise and skills in the assigned solution area, and is considered as the subject matter expert of excursions management system and laboratory information management system.
- Bachelors Degree or high school degree and 12 years of work experience in any business related field.
- 8 + years of relevant experience
- Extensive experience supporting functional processes and technical design.
- Extensive experience implementing applications.
- Excellent user knowledge of relevant systems solutions.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, business acumen with problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to write and speak the English language
- Experience in pharmaceutical industry GMPs
- Thorough knowledge of the elements and operations of a Pharmaceutical Quality Management System
- Experience in the implementation and business or system administration of software applications that support QA and QC operations (e.g., excursion management, laboratory information management, document management and learning management)
- Thorough knowledge of the principles of computer system validation per CFR.21 Part 11
- Experience in system validation and/or the maintenance of systems in a validated state
- Thorough knowledge of Project Management standards.
- Pharmaceutical industry and/or drug development business experience
- PMP certification preferred
- Access to transportation to attend meetings
- Ability to fly to meetings regionally and globally
we are driven to improve people's lives
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans. For more information, visithttp://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.