Service Strategy and Transformation Lead EDPP (DAB)
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Service Strategy and Transformation Lead EDPP (DAB)Apply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
For the Takeda global scientific community who aspire to deliver transformative medicines to patients Scientific Informatics is the technology leader, with domain specific expertise, that provides innovative platforms and technologies to improve both operational efficiency and data-driven decision making. As an embedded partner Scientific Informatics is at the leading edge of both science and technology and proactively reacts to the changing scientific environment and needs of researchers in an agile fashion to deliver timely, value-adding solutions.
The Digital Advisory Board programs aim to ensure our growing data is easily accessible to everyone so we can help our patients and HCPs faster and more effectively.
Enterprise Data Backbone
Enterprise Data Backbone - The Enterprise Data Backbone provides the most user-friendly real-time data for all our internal and external stakeholders, accessible through self-service tools.
We will transform the way we gather and use insights by integrating completely new types of data to better support our patient and others in the healthcare system. We will build capabilities to gather real world data outside of clinical trials in ways we have not been able to do so far.
We will make data more easily accessible across Takeda and find a way to share it so that we don’t keep re-inventing the wheel. We will push ourselves to think beyond our normal constructs of clinical trials or today's supply chains.
We will explore a future where we get data from all corners of the world – digital communities, wearable devices, social media, surveys, for a, consumer data combined with hospital, pharmacy and EMR data. We will unlock innovation across the development life cycle supporting accelerated clinical development, reducing clinical trial costs, etc.
Service Strategy and Transformation Lead EDPP
Service Strategy and Transformation Lead will inspire business optimization through data drive data projects to improve business outcomes within the whole organization. This will be achieved in close partnership with IT whilst shaping the EDPP strategy and agenda in close alignment with the GDC (Global Data Council), the GDGO (Global Data Governance Office) and the DAC (Data Domain Architecture council) and align the strategic aims to business needs.
- Strategic positions – the Service Strategy and Transformation Lead is an industry relevant, strategic visionary leader and expert in transformation, who will shape data driven improvements within and between businesses based on priorities and ambitions, supported by EDPP approaches and codified in frameworks to develop and drive a reusable and effective data ecosystem within Takeda.
- Service Strategy – oversee and develop the EDPP Service Catalogue, consisting out of multiple data services from capturing to visualization, from a customer made approach to standard frameworks and self-service. Drive and align the development of technical capacities within IT and Takeda to be able to support a data-powered organization.
- Transformation – oversee and lead the analyses of data business opportunities within Takeda and drive the design of a levelled transformation approach from key data example projects, to guided data projects within a portfolio, to a future state of self-service data improvements. All business focused and driving cost reduction, productivity improvement, strengthen engineering capabilities to improve time to realization of data driven projects in the future.
- Business Partnering – partnering closely and influence leaders within Takeda, to oversee and identify business opportunities for data projects and business improvements and continuously drive the selection and realization of data transformation programs adjusting to stages of support on a technical, service and transformational level in time aligned with business readiness.
- Integration with IT and Takeda – will collaborate with the Head of Enterprise Platforms and Products and other EDPP data heads to shape visions and directions by delivering success data transformations based on a firm service strategy containing service and transformation formats
- Lead the development and drive of a data service model strategy for the future state Takeda data organization
- Oversee the development of a data service roadmap (3-5 year) to align aspirations and priorities, from driving and shaping business adoption of data driven improvements to evolve Takeda to a data first organization.
- Shape and drive the strategic development of various transformation formats to support the data service model strategy and the service roadmap.
- Oversee and drive the design, definition and documentation of EDPP service catalog and service strategy with KPIs including TCOs for EDPP services, working closely with the EDPP leadership to consume critical direction and input.
- Lead the assessment, the development and use of data tooling within the EDPP Platform from data capturing, storage, streaming, visualization, to data modelling, mastering and workflow services, all within the data catalogue and data quality frameworks.
- Oversee and shape the development from an example project to guided data project to self-service project using services from service catalog in a standard and customer friendly way, all focused-on building data IQ maturity within Takeda.
- Lead and oversee the different stages of service delivery and the aligned technical and change capabilities to support and drive the data roadmap and data service model strategy.
- Drives operational strategy that involves setting up of nearshore delivery center for Takeda Data organization
- Oversee and identify data business opportunities within the business and shape a transformation approach from key example projects of data efficiencies and cost reeducation, to a guided project portfolio to build momentum and foundation for data-centric improvements to self-serviced data tools and guidelines.
- Act is a beacon for change, drive and oversee key example projects to transform customer experience on used business case improvements, proven data effectiveness, improved data sharing and reporting capabilities, cost saving to improved timelines from identification to usability.
- Models and lead the evaluations of transformation initiatives led by the GDC and GDGO in collaboration with key verticals within EDPP
- Oversee the development of transformation formats and standards to support the different stages of data business development within Takeda, aligned with the development of change guidance, data expertise and data engineering capabilities.
- Drive and oversee the design a levelled transformation approach, different transformation waves, monitor the portfolios and oversee the lessons learning in customer results. Monitors and identify the gaps in technical capabilities and data team processes. Oversee the communication of change successes and drive the adjustment of transformation waves and survive strategy formats
- Develops and radiates a steady state vendor strategy that is aligned to strategic initiatives for the data program
- Collaborates with key leaders to identify data opportunities, mobilize resources, and oversee team formations to drive data alignment, implementations and the development of data capabilities
- Oversee and monitors teams, structures and deliveries in order to deliver high value add implementation services, solutions that exceed customer expectations and drive customer data acceptance.
- Supports architecture teams with the tooling strategy to ensure technology relevance and disposition
Integration with IT and Takeda
- Develop global teams in data transformation and delivery, develop key talents, drive succession planning for critical data roles and lead efforts in being data and digital. Drive synergies in collaborations between teams, countries and businesses and on a global level.
- Pioneers and drives continuous data and IT process improvement initiatives within EDPP, IT and across Takeda
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Broad technology skills in data, AI/ML and ability to translate knowledge into solutions which transform the customer’s experience.
- Experience socializing and serving as a liaison between the EDPP and business partners to demonstrate the value proposition of the service delivery framework to leadership
- Leadership (Vision, strategy and business alignment, people management, communication, influencing others, managing change)
- Experience of designing, and evaluating organizational transformations and delivering large scale change that adds value from data and information
- Proven experience of providing strategic and technical leadership to large complex organizations
- Knowledge of the contemporary digital landscape of organizations and experience of bringing leading technology and process optimization practices to an organization to drive sustainable improvements in business performance
- Experience leading agile teams leveraging scrum methodology
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Proven track record of driving change in processes and organizations, while maintaining working relationships with key business customers.
- Versed in vendor and talent management possessing ability to prepare for talent needs that impact demand
- Demonstrated success in the areas of IT Business Partnership & Relationship Management, Value Realization, IT Vendor Management/Governance
- IT Project/Program Management, IT Service Management
- Leverage digital technologies to drive business results
- Captures voice of the customer and provides operating model which optimizes and socializes service delivery
- Leads, transforms and deliver functions – finance, resourcing, operations, training, change management etc.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree is required; graduate degree in relevant field is desired.
- 10+ years of experience in data, IT, transformation processes or change management.
- 5+ years of experience in people management.
- Understand current and emerging technologies, digital and data developments and is able to translate those into business opportunities, cases, needs, roadmaps and strategy.
- Previous healthcare / life science / pharmaceutical industry experience preferred
- Referenceable leadership, management, or key influencer experiences required
- Previous experience managing large programs and budgets preferred
- Ability to think outside the box for creative strategies
- Tenacity, perseverance, and courage
- Experienced within Agile methods and leading Scrum teams
Job ID R0022898