Service Delivery and Operations Lead - DAB
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Service Delivery and Operations Lead - DABApply Now
Service Delivery & Operations Lead will inspire new ideas, create solutions and will lead and drive agile implementations, business operations and service delivery within the whole of IT. This will be achieved in close partnership with IT and by using industry relevant and new strategic approaches in developing, maturing and driving data frameworks for service delivery, agile data methodology and implementations, data operations integrating programs and reporting over the data journey within Takeda.
- Strategic Positioning – the head of delivery and operations is an industry relevant, strategic technology data leader and expert and will shape, drive and influence the data innovation, alignment and implementation throughout Takeda, whilst maintain global data alignment and realizing data efficiencies through R&D, GMS, PDT, Vaccines and Commercial within Takeda.
- Data development and monitoring – Oversee the data strategy and implementations across functions are aligned with the global data strategy including the development of data standards and frameworks to support functions and data alignment and to deliver a competitive edge.
- Data Operations and Delivery – Drive and oversee the data agenda, the transformations and the delivery of the EDPP-program within Takeda. Lead and oversee critical data project portfolios to projects, to align business operations, software life-cycle developments and vendor delivery on data. Lead and oversee the monitoring of data governance policy’s, data catalog, data quality and data security as well as data stewardship.
- Business partnering – Partnering closely and influence leaders within IT and other functions, lead and oversee the approach, selection of agile teams and implementation of data programs within IT and other projects, including adjusted approaches focused on operation excellence within functions.
- Integration with IT and Takeda – will collaborate with the Head of enterprise Platforms and Products and other EDPP data heads to shape vision and directions by combining data operations and delivery insights to architecture, tooling, engineering and data science
- Oversee and influence the development and adjustment of an integrated data program management strategy in order to deliver global data projects based on unified, agile and effective standardized programs and processes within CTO, IT and Takeda.
- Provide Leadership to the data delivery and operations team, oversee business needs and the road-map enabling EDPP data operations and delivery for Takeda globally.
- Define the target Data operations and delivery state in collaborations with different functions and business stakeholders, lead the multi-year planning of data operations and delivery aligned with resource requirements, capacity and capabilities regarding data priorities and road-map.
- Especially drive and shape the data and digital delivery agenda with significant advancements in data effectiveness and efficiencies for the different functions.
Data development and monitoring
- Oversee and lead the development of a data decision frameworks and data intake processes to drive the data delivery to be competitive, cost effective, increased speed to market, alignment to the business.
- Drive and oversee the development of policies for data governance, security, privacy and access. Lead the development and further involvement of data, within the data catalog and data qualities requirements.
- Lead and oversee the development and continues improvements to mature agile project management artifacts, data access, data catalog, governance and data stewardship.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to elevate and evolve industry practices for efficiency including team and program-wide ability to calibrate priorities across the enterprise and to manage the control tower of identifying model and execution of team formation to rotate programs and projects most efficiently across business capability and vendor resourcing.
Data operations and delivery
- Oversee the operations and data delivery programs and project portfolios in collaborations with peers, IT and the business and stimulate agile teams working seamlessly together. Ensure data programs and projects are constantly delivered within the data policies and governance.
- Constantly drive and transform the delivery of the EDPP- program and project portfolio’s including critical alignment across all financial operations, business operations, technical software develop life-cycle (including adoption of Agile practices), organization of vendors and liaison with CTO business office
- Strategize and track demand intake process across the value chain for Takeda Data Organization and oversee the delivery of BI to functions regarding milestones, effectiveness, re-usability, cost and delivery.
- Lead the monitoring of program and project Governance regarding data, planning, execution, quality, finance, resourcing and effectiveness.
- Collaborates with key leaders to mobilize resources, and oversee team formations to drive data alignment, implementations and the development of data capabilities
- Oversee and monitors teams and structures in order to deliver high value add implementation services and solutions that exceed customer expectations
- Oversee and lead the translation of mature business practices into data frameworks, governance changes and agile approaches to optimize customer journeys, the EDPP SLA’s, KPI’s and reporting.
- Oversee and expert the evaluations, definitions and governance of data. Define and evolve the procurement initiatives and vendor optimizations for EDPP.
Integration with IT and Takeda
- Develop global teams in data operations and delivery, develop key talents, drive succession planning for critical data roles and lead efforts in being data and digital. Drive synergies in collaborations between teams, sites, countries and on a global level.
- Pioneers and drives continuous data and IT process improvement initiatives within EDPP, IT and across Takeda.
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
- Broad technology skills in data, AI/ML and ability to translate knowledge into solutions which transform the customer’s experience.
- Experience socializing and serving as a liaison between the EDPP and business partners to demonstrate the value proposition of the service delivery framework to leadership
- Leadership (Vision, strategy and business alignment, people management, communication, influencing others, managing change)
- Experience of designing, and evaluating organizational transformations and delivering large scale change that adds value from data and information
- Proven experience of providing strategic and technical leadership to large complex organizations
- Knowledge of the contemporary digital landscape of organizations and experience of bringing leading technology and process optimization practices to an organization to drive sustainable improvements in business performance
- Experience leading agile teams leveraging scrum methodology
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Proven track record of driving change in processes and organizations, while maintaining working relationships with key business customers.
- Versed in Risk management possessing ability to identify, analyze, track, manage and resolve risks issues that impact project
- Leverage digital technologies to drive business results
- Captures voice of the customer and provides operating model which optimizes and socializes service delivery
- Leads, transforms and deliver functions – finance, resourcing, operations, training, change management etc.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree is required; graduate degree in relevant field is desired.
- 10+ years of experience in data, IT, operations and/or delivery.
- 5+ years of experience in people management.
- Understand current and emerging technologies, digital and data developments and is able to translate those into business opportunities, cases, needs, road maps and strategy.
- Previous healthcare / life science / pharmaceutical industry experience preferred
- Reference-able leadership, management, or key influence experiences required
- Previous experience managing large programs and budgets preferred
- Ability to think outside the box for creative strategies
- Tenacity, perseverance, and courage
- Experienced within Agile methods and leading Scrum teams
Job ID R0022897