Senior Scientist Protein Biochemistry, Binding Kinetics, Biophysics
Senior Scientist Protein Biochemistry, Binding Kinetics, BiophysicsJob ID R0072501 Date posted Oct. 28, 2022 Location Boston, Massachusetts
About the role:
At Takeda, we are a forward-looking, world-class R&D organization that unlocks innovation and delivers transformative therapies to patients. By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, we push the boundaries of what is possible in order to bring life-changing therapies to patients worldwide.
Join Takeda as a Scientist/ Senior Scientist where you will will accelerate drug discovery programs using binding kinetics. You will have will have strong bench scientist skills, critical thinking and analytical skills. As part of the Biologic Analytics and Automation Sciences team, you will report to the Associate Director Biologic Analytics and Automation Sciences and work with the Global Biologics team.
How you will contribute:
- Design and execute diverse set of binding interaction studies (SPR, BLI and others) to understand antibody-antigen interactions, ligand-receptor, and enzyme-substrate binding kinetics.
- Develop assays for binding characterization of novel protein targets.
- Process and critically analyze large dataset and interpret results to drive therapeutic antibody selection
- Identify and prioritize critical experiments to accelerate biologics drug discovery programs with diversifying modalities.
- Constantly assess and implement new technology to the existing workflow to inspire creativity.
- Active engagement with project team members from various cross-functional teams (Global Biologics, Drug Discovery Unit, and Pharmaceutical Sciences).
- Devise and implement both protein analytics and biologics discovery strategies as co-lead for discovery stage programs spanning multiple therapeutic areas including I/O-Oncology, GI/Immunology, CNS and Rare Disease.
- Lead developability assessment studies and coordinate Research to Development transition (R2D) of candidates.
- Enable intricate kinetics analysis to support MOA studies, IND filings, external assets evaluations and therapeutic candidate selection.
- PhD degree in a scientific discipline with 8+ years experience , or MS with 12+ years experience, or BS with 14+ years experience
- Minimum 5 years of industry experience in hands-on analytical characterization of biologics is required
- Project and people management experience is desired.
- Functional area leader with strong expertise in biologics characterization including deep understanding of binding kinetics using SPR and other orthogonal methods.
- Effective project and resource management skills in matrix organization.
- Building new capabilities to broaden scope and capacity of Protein analytics workflow.
- Experience in presenting data and strategy to be presented across Takeda network involving multiple sites and disease areas.
- Experience in assay development and data analysis.
- Strong publication record are required.
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Work Paths
- Tuition reimbursement
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
Time TypeFull time
- Job Type: Full time
- Job Level: Senior
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
At Takeda, we strive to provide transformational opportunities for every member of our team, and we empower our people to take charge of their futures. In an environment that fosters lifelong learning and a growth mindset, you’ll have the support you need to thrive — at work and beyond.
What makes a successful team member within Research at Takeda?
- Design and carry out experiments
- Manage multiple projects
- Document data
- Mentor other scientists
Where You Fit In
Our team at Takeda is tackling some of the most challenging problems in drug discovery and development. As the newest member of our Research team, you’ll conduct purposeful, meaningful work on groundbreaking modalities that may lead to breakthrough drugs.
With our deep investment in next-generation technologies, you’ll have the resources and support to do your best work. As a part of our team, you’ll connect with brilliant minds inside and outside of Takeda. We are committed to collaborating with academia and emerging biotech companies to expand our reach and impact in cell therapy, gene therapy and data sciences.
Our team’s wide-ranging expertise includes medicinal chemistry, genomics datasets, immunofluorescence, high content imaging, flow cytometry, transcriptional profiling, multi-step synthesis, multimodal genetics, pharmacokinetics and much more. Whatever area inspires you, your work will support the progression of an innovative, industry-leading discovery pipeline and make an impact that matters to patients and society.
A career in Research at Takeda will give you everything you need to succeed professionally – and make a difference to patients, people and the planet.
Our internal research capabilities and external partnerships contribute to an R&D engine that has produced exciting new molecular entities (NMEs) across our core Therapeutic Areas. Check out our pipeline and see how we’ll continue delivering a steady stream of next-generation therapies.Learn More
What We Believe In
Our values of Takeda-ism are Integrity, Fairness, Honesty and Perseverance, with Integrity as the core. These are brought to life through actions based on Patient, Trust, Reputation and Business, in that order.
Our belief in putting people first extends beyond our patients — it includes their families and communities, as well as our Takeda colleagues and their families.
We are committed to embracing our differences, valuing different perspectives, and fostering a culture of respect, inclusiveness and empowerment.
Our embedded Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) strategy enables us to attract and retain exceptional talent, drives innovation, and helps address systemic inequalities in our communities.
Working at Takeda
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor to our global team.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 15 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2023.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
I feel especially lucky to be able to work with colleagues across the industry to meet a unified goal. Takeda is paving the way for how research will be conducted in the future.Daniel Scheibe Senior Manager Operations, Systems Engineering, Drug Discovery Sciences
We are operating at the cutting edge of science. It’s exciting to be part of these pioneering efforts – to explore unique targets that may lead to transformative medicines.Sami Bahmanyar Director Computational Chemistry, Drug Discovery Sciences
View All Research JobsSearch
Senior Clinical Pharmacologist, Pharmacometrics, Quantitative Clinical Pharmacology
Cambridge, Massachusetts Research Science, Research and Development Apply for Senior Clinical Pharmacologist, Pharmacometrics, Quantitative Clinical Pharmacology
Research Associate II, Purification, Global Biologics
Boston, Massachusetts Research Science, Research and Development Apply for Research Associate II, Purification, Global Biologics
Physician Scientist, Translational Medicine Leader, Liver Disease
Boston, Massachusetts Clinical Development, Research and Development Apply for Physician Scientist, Translational Medicine Leader, Liver Disease
We Take Action by Focusing on Our Four Priorities
- Create an exceptional people experience
- Responsibly translate science into highly innovative, life-changing medicines and vaccines
- Protect our planet
- Unleash the power of data and digital