Senior Scientist, Clinical Biomarker, Rare Disease
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2021.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2021.
Senior Scientist, Clinical Biomarker, Rare DiseaseApply Now
Senior Scientist, Clinical Biomarker, Rare Hematology and Metabolic Disorders
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Senior Scientist, Clinical Biomarker, Rare Hematology and Metabolic Disorders in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a Senior Scientist, Clinical Biomarker, Rare Hematology and Metabolic Disorders
working on the Clinical Biomarkers team, you will be empowered to develop novel pharmacodynamic and diagnostic biomarkers that will impact clinical development paradigms and bring value to patients. A typical day will include:
- The clinical biomarker department at Takeda is seeking an outstanding scientist to develop novel pharmacodynamic and diagnostic biomarkers that will impact clinical development paradigms and bring value to patients.
- The candidate will primarily oversee programs for Rare Hematology and Metabolic indications, with the opportunity to support different therapeutic modalities across Oncology, Neuroscience, Gastroenterology and Immuno-oncology.
- The successful candidate will have a strong and compelling vision for driving biomarker science, its impact on drug development decisions, and supporting the development and commercial pipeline.
- The candidate will develop and leverage cutting-edge technologies that can significantly impact clinical drug development decisions.
- We expect the incumbent to provide scientific and drug development expertise in all aspects of biomarker sciences, including a deep understanding of disease biology, drug pharmacology, molecular pathways, clinical endpoints, clinical trial designs and diagnostics
- The incumbent will be encouraged to help train post-docs, junior scientists and interns.
- Success in this role will be evaluated by the ability to influence and inspire scientists in the organization, and maintain a culture that encourages innovation, scientific rigor, and growth opportunities.
- Build innovative biomarker strategies for the development and evaluation of relationships between clinical biomarkers (e.g., disease monitoring, pharmacodynamic/response, surrogate, safety) and PK/PD metrics including target occupancy, engagement, and physiological response in target tissue directly linked to pathophysiology.
- Represents the clinical biomarker department at team meetings, internal scientific reviews and governance meetings, and external forums and consortia and any health authority interactions.
- Drive, develop and oversee execution of clinical biomarker strategies and plans across different projects in the Takeda portfolio. Accountable for groups delivery of clinical biomarker results and reports.
- Build relationships & collaborate with scientific leaders, KOLs, academic partners, CROs and health authorities.
- Knowledge of current drug development tools, e.g. FDA BEST and attention to innovation and improvement of current practices.
- Identify, develop and implement companion diagnostic (CDx) strategies and assays to guide indication selection, patient enrichment and combination strategies.
- Provide technical and scientific leadership for assay development and validation studies to measure clinical biomarkers according to clinical context of use meeting clinical laboratory standards and regulatory requirements as applicable.
- Lead scientific due diligence to assess cutting-edge technologies and establish external partnerships as needed.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- A PhD or MD/PhD in pharmacology, immunology or related life scientific discipline with a minimum of 5 years of biotech/pharma industry or academic experience post PhD. Preference will be given to applicants with experience with hematology/coagulation or lysosomal storage diseases.
- A productive track record of sustained, significant scientific contributions as demonstrated by publications, patents and presentations
- Experience with gene/cell therapy modalities and a strong understanding of the development and regulatory hurdles inherent in these technologies is desirable but not required.
- Extensive drug development experience preferably advancing several molecules from phase I to approval and supporting post-marketing/commercial activities.
- Strong scientific background and experience with clinical bioanalytical assay development and validation. Subject matter expert in analytical platforms such as flow/mass cytometry, next-generation sequencing, immunoassays, companion diagnostics, etc.
- Expert executive communication skills; ability to influence and inspire, preferably experienced in navigating and influencing large, highly complex, global matrixed environments with and without authority.
- Broad and strong network in the industry, biotech, CRO communities, and health authorities.
This job posting exclude Colorado applicants.
- Some domestic and international travel to Takeda sites, biomarker vendors, and regulatory agencies may be required.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Time TypeFull time
Job ID R0030148