Senior Scientist, CBID Oncology, GI & Companion Diagnostics – Solid Tumors
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Senior Scientist, CBID Oncology, GI & Companion Diagnostics – Solid TumorsApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Senior Scientist in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a Senior Scientist working on the Oncology, GI, and Companion Diagnostics team, you will be empowered to impact the clinical development and approval/post-approval of novel therapeutics and modalities across all therapeutic areas with a strong focus in solid tumors. A typical day will include:
- Propose and establish experimental plans for developing and outsourcing clinical biomarker assays for both retrospective and prospective analyses (e.g. companion diagnostics), according to the project timelines, coordinate various outsourcing activities, analyse resulting biomarker data, and provide regular updates to the stakeholders.
- Drive the adaptation, execution, and integration of cutting-edge tissue and blood-based assay technologies, including IHC, multiplex IF/IHC, FISH, flow cytometry, immunoassays, and NGS. Experience with minimal residual disease (MRD) assays and hematology oncology-based gene panels is a plus.
- Develop and leverage new technologies that can significantly impact clinical drug development decisions.
- Remain current and lead scientific due diligence to assess emerging technologies and establish external partnerships as needed, as well as, actively publishing in the scientific community external to Takeda.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of clinical biomarker strategies by interfacing between DDU scientists and TAU clinicians; represent CBID at internal scientific meetings and external forums.
- Subject matter expert in the development and validation of clinical grade assays, as well as, exploratory assays using various advanced technologies that may not be currently in clinical use.
- Perform evaluation and selection of adequate technologies for establishment of clinical biomarker assays which meet clinical laboratory standards and regulatory requirements.
- Provide technical and scientific leadership throughout different phases of assay development and validation.
- Manage vendor labs responsible for the development and validation of clinical biomarker assays and monitor the performance of the biomarker assay during clinical study conduct.
- Lead the establishment and development of CDx platforms by managing external vendors for timely delivery of high-quality clinical data within the required clinical study timelines.
- Collaborate with computational scientists and statisticians to perform data mining and interpretation, present the data in project team meetings.
- Build relationships and collaborate with scientific leaders, KOLs, academic partners, CROs, and health authorities.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- A PhD or MD/PhD in biology, pharmacology, or related discipline with at least 4 years of experience past post-doctoral experience is required.
- Drug development experience preferably advancing several molecules from Phase I to approval and supporting post-marketing/commercial activities.
- A track record of sustained, significant scientific contributions as demonstrated by publications, patents, and presentation is required.
- Strong scientific background and experience with assay development and validation as well as complex image and data analysis.
- Experience with clinical trial and/or patient samples.
- Capable of applying the highest scientific and technical standards for the successful design and execution of clinical assays implemented from early to late-stage clinical programs.
- Strong communication and collaborative skills, ability to influence and inspire, preferably experienced in navigating and influencing large, highly complex, global matrixed environments.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Job ID R0025245