Recruitment Fraud Alert
Takeda has received reports that there are instances of identity thieves posing as Takeda employees in an attempt to steal personal information from job seekers. In these cases, identity thieves visit job-related websites and invite candidates to online chats. During the chat, they press job seekers to provide bank account information and personal identification numbers. If you receive unexpected offers of employment from people claiming to work for Takeda, we suggest you do not correspond with them, do not click any hyperlinks and do not open any attachments.
At Takeda, we will never ask for personal financial information during any step of the interview nor do we charge job seekers fees as part of the recruitment process. Takeda’s recruiting correspondence will be sent by a recruiting representative with an @takeda.com email address – not @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, @hotmail.com or any other email domain service.
If you believe you have been contacted by an unauthorized person, please contact your local law enforcement agency immediately.
Senior Scientist Analytical Development - Vaccines
Senior Scientist Analytical Development - Vaccines
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a SR Scientist/Analytical Development - Vaccines in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
- Design, manage, and execute studies pertaining to vaccine analytics and evaluation for vaccine quality attributes.
- Lead programs to evaluate quality of vaccine candidates, optimization of antigens, process characterization, formulation development, regimen and other parameters.
- Provide expertise for the qualification, validation and technical transfer of release assays to internal and external laboratories in support of commercial testing of Takeda’s vaccine products.
- Ensure full alignment with AD activities and TDT contract deliverables.
- Oversee, develop and manage external and internal cross-functional activities required to deliver program goals.
- Act as a cross-functional AD leader in the organization promoting scientific and operational excellence.
- Establish collaborations and oversee programs conducted both in-house and in collaboration with other Takeda discovery sites or 3rd party academic or industry collaborators.
- Design and lead execution of assay development studies
- Author documentation in support of regulatory filings
- Identify partners with appropriate expertise; plan and oversee activities conducted with academic partners and CROs.
- Participate in multifunctional project teams to conduct vaccine discovery and preclinical activities
- Present discovery plans internally, and results internally and at scientific meetings as appropriate
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Ph.D. in a scientific discipline and 8 years industry experience (may include post doctoral experience) or a
- MS in a scientific discipline with a minimum of 10 years industry experience or a
- BS in a scientific discipline with a minimum of 12 years industry experience.
- Deep knowledge of virology, immunology, molecular biology techniques, and vaccine deveopment.
- Proven ability to understand the theoretical basis behind viral vaccine design and ability to effectively design experimental plans that fit into overall project goals.
- Extensive knowledge of infectious disease models
- Understanding of molecular virology
- Familiarity with current trends and scientific literature related to viral vaccines.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience managing laboratory personnel
- Experience managing CROs
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks
- Ability to interact cooperatively and effectively with others in a team environment
- Effective November 1, 2021, absent an approved religious or medical reason, all US office-based and lab-based Takeda employees who work fully on-site or in a hybrid model (as determined by Takeda) must be fully vaccinated to work at a Takeda site or to engage with Takeda colleagues or anyone else on behalf of Takeda. As of the same date, absent an approved religious or medical reason, US field-based employees, employees must be fully vaccinated in order to continue in their current roles. US employees who work at a Takeda manufacturing facility, and those who work at a BioLife center or BioLife lab, may be subject to different guidelines. Candidates are encouraged to speak with their recruiter to seek further information on the applicable guidelines for the Business Unit/Function for which they have applied.
- Lifting and moving supplies and equipment (up to 50 pounds).
- Willingness to travel to various meetings or collaborator sites, including overnight trips. Some international travel may be required.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.