Senior Scientific Director, Clinical Immunology
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Senior Scientific Director, Clinical ImmunologyApply Now
Senior Scientific Director, Clinical Immunology
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Senior Scientific Director, Clinical Immunology in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
- Provide guidance across different therapeutic modalities in the four therapeutics areas-Oncology, Gastroenterology, Neuroscience and Rare Diseases.
- Serve the subject matter expert for drug-induced immunogenicity and development of immunogenicity strategies.
- Strong and compelling vision for advancing clinical immunology by driving biomarker discovery and development and supporting the clinical development and commercial pipeline.
- Develop and leverage cutting-edge technologies that can significantly impact clinical drug development decisions.
- Mentor and coach to the group. Success in this role will be evaluated by the ability to influence and inspire scientists in the organization, and maintain a culture that encourages innovation, scientific rigor, and growth opportunities.
- Advance clinical immunology within CBID, and the broader Quantitative Translational Sciences department by providing input on biomarker strategies and plans, PKPD plans, immunogenicity assessments, clinical development plans, and regulatory strategies.
- Train CBID scientists to be competent, independent, and creative in the areas of clinical immunology, biomarker development and drug development
- Teach CBID scientists to be effective members and leaders of project teams and to facilitate scientists developing the skills for life-long learning, and create an environment of learning and innovation
- Help CBID scientists to establish their independent research and publish consistently
- Represent CBID at internal scientific reviews and governance meetings, external forums and consortia and any health authority interactions.
- Enable and drive robust and timely-decision making through all stages of clinical development, at governance meetings and during regulatory interactions.
- Build relationships & collaborate with KOLs, academic partners, and health authorities
- Accountable for the achievement of critical goals that impact and contribute to the mission of CBID and Takeda
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- A PhD or MD/PhD in pharmacology, immunology, endocrinology or related discipline with at least 20 years of post-doctoral experience with at least 10 yr in the industry
- A productive track record of sustained, significant scientific contributions as demonstrated by publications, patents and presentations
- Drug development experience preferably advancing several molecules from phase I to approval and supporting post-marketing/commercial activities.
- Expert executive communication skills; ability to influence and inspire, preferably experienced in navigating and influencing large, highly complex, global matrixed environments with and without authority
- Experience in leading and mentoring scientists including areas outside of technical expertise.
- Broad and strong network in the industry, academia and health authorities.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Job ID R0023412