Senior Research Associate-Analytical Development
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Senior Research Associate-Analytical DevelopmentApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Senior Research Associate, in Analytical Development in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a Senior Research Associate in Analytical Development working within the Pharmaceutical Science Department, you will be empowered to contribute to a world-class, patient-centric organization that attracts, motivates and retains top talent, and implements innovative approaches to deliver high-quality products.
The Senior Research Associate position will play an important role in analytical development (synthetic molecule) to develop, qualify/validate and transfer phase appropriate methods to rapidly advance Takeda’s complex portfolio.
The Senior Research Associate in analytical development is responsible for independently executing basic/routine and complex experiments. Additionally, this position participates in planning experiments under supervision and drafting support documentation.
• Works with departmental and/or cross functional peers to execute on assignments, under limited supervision, and demonstrates self-starting and able to work effectively in a matrix organization.
• Contributes significantly to project work which may include multiple projects within functional area.
• Prepares experimental protocols, interprets data independently, and contributes to technical reports
• Identifies complex technical issues, and implements solutions under supervision
• Contributes to the design of new applications/experiments in consultation with supervisor.
• Supports technology transfer through writing and consolidating technical documents.
• Presents study results at team or department meetings.
• Understands project timelines and deliverables and plans/coordinates project work accordingly with departmental, functional and external stakeholders.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelors degree in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science; 2+ years relevant industry experience
• Masters degree in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science; 0+ years relevant industry experience
• Previous experience working in lab setting or Masters degree plus appropriate laboratory training
Knowledge and Skills:
• Analytical and Problem Solving Skills -Able to troubleshoot critical issues or problems and resolve routine issues using appropriate information.
• Teamwork -- Ability to work within department groups/team.
• Communication Skills - Expresses one’s self clearly and concisely within function; documents issues and/or concerns concisely with colleagues; timely and effectively communicates issues to supervisor
• Organization – Exercises good time management skills and prioritization skills and able to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Knowledge Sharing - Ability to capture organizational knowledge; improve solutions, processes, and deliverables through use of information; improve information capital by contributing experience, theories, deliverables, and models for others to use
• Technical - General familiarity with analytical theory and techniques with relevant experience in at least one technique such as LC, GC, MS, etc. Able to work in lab setting.
• May require approximately 5% travel.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
• 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
• Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
• Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
• Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
• Community Outreach Programs
Job ID R0021892
Job ID R0021892