Recruitment Fraud Alert
Takeda has received reports that there are instances of identity thieves posing as Takeda employees in an attempt to steal personal information from job seekers. In these cases, identity thieves visit job-related websites and invite candidates to online chats. During the chat, they press job seekers to provide bank account information and personal identification numbers. If you receive unexpected offers of employment from people claiming to work for Takeda, we suggest you do not correspond with them, do not click any hyperlinks and do not open any attachments.
At Takeda, we will never ask for personal financial information during any step of the interview nor do we charge job seekers fees as part of the recruitment process. Takeda’s recruiting correspondence will be sent by a recruiting representative with an @takeda.com email address – not @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, @hotmail.com or any other email domain service.
If you believe you have been contacted by an unauthorized person, please contact your local law enforcement agency immediately.
Senior Product Engineer, Scientific Informatics
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Senior Engineer in our Boston/ Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
For the Takeda global scientific community who aspire to deliver transformative medicines to patients Scientific Informatics is the technology leader, with domain specific expertise, that provides innovative platforms and technologies to improve both operational efficiency and data-driven decision making. As an embedded partner Scientific Informatics is at the leading edge of both science and technology and proactively reacts to the changing scientific environment and needs of researchers in an agile fashion to deliver timely, value-adding solutions.
As a Senior Product Engineer in the Scientific Informatics team, you will be designing and implementing state of the art technologies to serve our diverse research and development pipeline. You will work directly with product owners to imagine and build world class solutions for our scientists. Your expertise in product-driven agile development, micro-service architectures, and modern system integrations will provide opportunities for creativity and leadership within our team.
- Provide engineering leadership in managing and advancing Scientific informatics tools and platforms
- Collaborate with our global team to identify new informatics software tools
- Work directly with product owners to design and prioritize system enhancements
- Design and implement a continuousdevelopment pipeline for our engineering team
- Work with SecOps to ensure that our software systems meets security requirements as well as vendor to remediate any issues found
- The successful Senior Product Engineer will apply creativity and rigor as an independent contributor while also assisting junior members in a collaborative environment.
- A Senior Product Engineer in the Scientific Informatics group will strive to continuously improve our technology solutions by developing a deep understanding of our application landscape and business strategies.
- Builds strong relationships with both R&D and other IT functions and employs effective negotiation skills to reach agreement with internal or external parties and act as a point of escalation for complex non-routine problems
- Effectively communicates and coordinate developers, different IT groups, and vendors to work technical issues that are hampering projects
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s or equivalent in Computer Science, Cheminformatics, Bioinformatics or a related field
- Seven year of experience as a Product Engineer in the Pharmaceuticals/ Informatics field.
- Deep understanding of Developer and Operations tools (source control, containers, cloud)
- Two or more years of experience with micro-service architectures and cloud deployments
- Four or more years of experience with SQL development for Oracle
- Four or more years of experience with Java or Python programing languages
- Strong interpersonal and excellent oral and written communications skills, business acumen with problem solving and analytical skills
- Master or higher Degree in Computer Science, Cheminformatics, Bioinformatics or a related field
- Proven experience with cloud-based computing environments, especially AWS, and microservice-based implementations
- Experience with scientific platforms such as Pipeline Pilot, KNIME and Spotfire
- Two or more years of experience with Jira and Agile development
- Real-world experience with automated deployments such as Bamboo and Jenkins
- Experience with API integration platform such as MuleSoft
- Experience of working with research chemists or biologists in an academic or industrial setting.
Effective November 1, 2021, absent an approved religious or medical reason, all US office-based and lab-based Takeda employees who work fully on-site or in a hybrid model (as determined by Takeda) must be fully vaccinated to work at a Takeda site or to engage with Takeda colleagues or anyone else on behalf of Takeda. As of the same date, absent an approved religious or medical reason, US field-based employees, employees must be fully vaccinated in order to continue in their current roles. US employees who work at a Takeda manufacturing facility, and those who work at a BioLife center or BioLife lab, may be subject to different guidelines. Candidates are encouraged to speak with their recruiter to seek further information on the applicable guidelines for the Business Unit/Function for which they have applied.
This posting excludes CO candidates.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.