Senior Manager, Global Program Management
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2021.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2021.
Senior Manager, Global Program ManagementApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Senior Manager, Global Program Management in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission
This position provides excellent project management support of drug development teams. GPMs drive development and deliver results in early to late phase major development and/or lifecycle management programs to meet Takeda strategic objectives.
- Responsibilities include supporting the strategic direction and translating the cross-divisional, integrated Global Product Team (GPT) strategy into an efficiently executable plan; predicting and planning solutions to achieve program goals and objectives; driving clarity and removing barriers to ensure team success; interfacing with management and influencing decision-making, proactive management and mitigation of development risks, and ensuring appropriate communication and interface with internal governance.
- Partners with the Global Program Leader (GPL), as well as other R&D and Commercial functions to ensure the scientific and commercial strategies are incorporated into the asset strategy and integrated development plan.
- Play a key role in supporting team effectiveness, partnering with GPL and CoOP to administer team health checks to generate insights, plan & execute appropriate follow-up actions.
- Contributes to innovative process improvements with organizational impact and manages, as needed, non-project responsibilities, which can include processes and system optimizations.
- Works closely with the Global Program Leader (GPL) and other cross-functional teams to ensuring scientific & commercial strategies, lifecycle management (LCM) requirements, and evidence generation/publication needs are incorporated into the product strategy and project plan
- Works closely with the GPL and with Global Product Team (GPT) and other relevant stakeholders to communicate product strategic imperatives to ensure appropriate prioritization
- Provides input to the strategic direction and translates the cross-functional, integrated GPT strategy into an efficiently executable plan; predicting and planning solutions to achieve program goals and objectives, providing clarity and removing barriers to ensure team success
- Identifies ways to optimize program execution without compromise to patients or compliance.
- Accountable to maintain the project plan, ensuring delivery of critical path activities to progress product development
- Helps identify resource requirements necessary to progress product development in alignment with business objectives
- Plays a key role in ensuring team effectiveness, partnering with GPL and Center of Operational Performance (CoOP) to administer team health checks to generate insights, plan & execute appropriate follow-up actions
- Partners with the GPL to provide financial oversight of the program including global, cross-divisional budgets. Includes consolidation, vetting and prioritization of GPT spending to deliver critical path activities
- Supports the GPL in the GPT project risk management process and generates the cross-functional, cross-divisional project risk register for assigned products
- Proactively addresses and removes barriers to program progress, keeping leadership informed of critical considerations (e.g., resources, performance)
- Proactively identifies potential issues or obstacles and achieves resolution or plans contingencies. Follow issues through to resolution ensuring that all key stakeholders are informed of outcomes and program implications
- Provides clarity and direction in urgent or unexpected situations. Partners with GPL to resolve complex issues & competing priorities that may impact goal achievement, creates mitigation plans and drives to resolution
Communication and Reporting
- Manages scheduled/ad-hoc program reporting, citing program goals/KPIs status, proactively identifying risk & planned mitigation(s), provide rationale for timeline & budget variances
- Participates in the quarterly Portfolio Review Committee (PRC) reporting to communicate program development progress, opportunities, and risks to Senior & Executive Management
- Responsible for leading preparation efforts for governance engagement to support and drive asset objectives and deliverables
- Proactively manages key stakeholders and facilitates or leads relevant communications to appropriate cross-regional, cross-functional, cross-divisional and Alliance partners
- Participates in process improvement initiatives and takes on, as needed, non-product responsibilities, which can include processes and system optimizations related to business objectives
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree science or business-related field
- Advanced degree in science or business is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of strong pharmaceutical industry experience and drug development in all phases of development with significant experience within related functions (e.g. Marketing, Clinical Operations, Regulatory, Manufacturing, CMC, Clinical Science)
- Minimum of 3 years program management experience leading complex pharmaceutical projects in a multi-disciplinary, global environment
Knowledge and Skills
- Therapeutic Area knowledge preferable, but not required
- Experience with Microsoft Project Professional, Excel, PowerPoint & Word
- Fluent in English
- Simultaneous management of multiple tasks of varied complexity
- Ability to positively influence outcomes, key project decisions, and strategic problem-solving in a matrix environment
- Ability to communicate clearly and present key information objectively to all levels of the organization including executive management; Highly effective presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to break down highly complex problems into small manageable pieces for execution
- Ability to drive decision-making within cross-functional & cross-cultural, global team structures
- Ability to work in a virtual setting/across time-zones, i.e., making effective use of communication tools (WebEx, MS Teams, TelePresence etc.); Must demonstrate flexibility in working hours when dealing with different time zones
- Ability to inspire and motivate in a matrix and global, cross-geographical team
- Ability to work in a highly complex, multi-cultural, environment
- Project Management Professional certification with PMI desired
- May work at a computer for several hours at a time
- May travel to the US, EU and Japan offices and other international locations
- Approximately 10% travel may be required
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
• 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
• Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
• Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
• Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
• Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
This job posting excludes CO applicants.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Time TypeFull time
Job ID R0036017