Scientist, Process & Analytical Development - Cell Therapies
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Scientist, Process & Analytical Development - Cell TherapiesApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Scientist, Process & Analytical Development - Cell Therapy in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a Scientist, Process & Analytical Development - Cell Therapies working on the Pharmaceutical Sciences, Cell Therapy team, you will be empowered to build a world class cell therapy team.
This scientist position will play an important role in developing the clinical manufacturing processes and/or analytical methods for developing cellular therapy especially CAR T products. Independently plans and executes process and assay development, characterization and qualification studies. Prepares study protocols, reports, technology transfer documentation, and regulatory documents for clinical trials. Presents study results at team or department meetings, to external partners or at conferences.
- Understands project timelines and deliverables and plans/coordinates project work accordingly with departmental, functional and external stakeholders
- Provides technical leadership to project teams within area of expertise and commits resources to execute specific project tasks.
- Contributes significantly and independently to project work which may include multiple projects within functional area.
- Reviews, interprets and communicates data cross-functionally within CMC and/or project teams.
- Plans and implements resolutions to technical problems/issues
- Represents functional area on GCT project teams by communicating activities from designated functional area to project team
- Independently designs and executes experiments, and reports results
- Assists with development of project strategy and communicates complex data/decisions within department and cross functionally as necessary
- Builds and maintains relationships with key vendors and assists with technical aspects of vendor negotiations
- Proactively analyses manufacturing issues and coordinates potential resolution with the CMC team.
- Responsible for integrating scientific/technical efforts around cross-functional issues.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Education and Experience:
- PhD in Immunology, biology, biomedical engineering or related pharmaceutical science; 0+ years relevant industry experience
- Sound knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
- Previous experience with the use of contract facilities
- Experience in working in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Demonstrated mastery of subject or area related to field
Knowledge and Skills:
- Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills - Able to troubleshoot critical issues or problems, and determine causes and possible solutions
- Teamwork -- Ability to work well in highly cross functional team environment and across global line functions.
- Communication Skills -Able to expresses one’s self clearly and concisely within team; documents issues and/or concerns concisely with colleagues; adjusts communication style as appropriate for the audience; timely and effectively communicates issues to supervisor; technical writing skills to support authorship of internal technical documents
- Organization – Exercises good time management and prioritization skills and is able to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Knowledge Sharing - Ability to capture organizational knowledge; improve solutions, processes, and deliverables through use of information; improve information capital by contributing experience, theories, deliverables, and models for others to use
- Resource Management -Ability to manage one’s time within individual, departmental, and corporate goals and timelines; management of internal and external resources (vendors)
- External Involvement – Demonstrated involvement in professional community evidenced by presentation of scientific posters or lectures at professional conferences or events
- Technical - Subject matter expertise and knowledge of applicable lab equipment and operations.
- May require approximately 5-10% travel
LINE FUNCTION SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience in developing cell therapy or biological products manufacturing processes, or experience in developing and executing cellular characterization assays, including flow cytometry-based, and multiplexed luminescent readouts
- In-depth experience in principles and practices of cell biology methodologies, cellular immunology or stem cell biology (e.g., induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs)), including cell culture, cell transfection and transduction, development and execution of functional in vitro and preclinical methods relevant for various types of immune cells or stem cells.
- Understanding and experience of using the tools of Design of Experiment (DOE) and Quality by Design (QBD) in process & assay design, development, qualification and validation.
- Understanding of viral transduction principles and processes is strongly preferred
- Previous exposure to GMP manufacturing of cell therapy or biological products, or participation in technical transfer of clinical processes to a CMO, or tech transfer of product release & characterization or clinical assays to a CRO, or other third party is a plus
- At least 2-4 years of biopharmaceutical industry experience in a development setting is preferred.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Job ID R0021815