Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Scientist IIApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Scientist II in our Cambridge office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
The new hire will be part of the bioanalytical group within the global DMPK department working at 125 Binney St, Cambridge, MA. The requisition is for seeking a highly motivated, creative and productive individual with excellent knowledge and skills in mass spectrometry-based quantification of protein and other large molecule modalities in various biological matrices. The individual is expected to perform innovative method development for large molecule quantifications, effectively trouble-shoot bioanalytical assay related issues, and actively identify/adopt/develop new technologies to meet the ever-changing needs of projects together with key stakeholders such as DMPK project representatives, Drug Discovery Units (DDUs), DSRE and QTS groups. Hands on experience in applying various instrumental tools for bioanalysis, including but not limited to hybrid methods based on immunocapture, in gel digestion, regular and micro/nano scale separation technologies, and triple quad (SCIEX Triple Quad) and high-resolution (Thermo Scientific Q-Exactive) mass spectrometry-based assays. Strong instrument hardware skill is a plus.
- Serve as the lead bioanalytical scientist on projects or DMPK bioanalytical representative to interact with DMPK and Rare Disease DDU project members.
- Support early drug discovery and translational research by providing high quality bioanalytical support with a focus on large molecule quantification especially mass spectrometry-, and other pertinent-platform technologies. Communicate with internal stakeholders regarding the assay needs, progress updates, and DMPK bioanalytical deliverables.
- Apply independent creative thinking and lab work in seeking solutions for moving projects forward. Strong hardware HPLC and mass spectrometry skill is plus. Design, test, and implement new methodologies and processes that contribute to the research goals of the group/department. Mentor and guide junior research associate scientists.
- Summarize and present the experimental result in the cross-functional project team, BA group and DMPK department meetings. Proactively seek for opportunities for updating professional skills through training or participating in conferences. Highly encouraged to contribute in external presentations and publications.
- Provide scientific monitoring and guidance of external resources (CRO) for the method transfer, development, trouble shooting, qualification, validation and report to support drug discovery
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- The applicant must have a Ph.D. in analytical chemistry in LC/MS or other related fields with a minimum of 3 years of relevant industry research experience.
- Hands-on experience and deep knowledge in the bioanalytical and biomarker assay development by triple quad (SCIEX Triple Quad) and high-resolution (Thermo Scientific Q-Exactive) mass spectrometry-based for large molecule bioanalytical assays.
- Hands-on experience and practical approaches to quantify “total” and “free” therapeutic antibodies and their targets by immunocapture-LC/MS or Ligand Binding Assay-based assay is preferred with a good understanding of opportunities, technical challenges and PK/PD applications.
- She or he must demonstrate an exceptional publication record (Anal Chem, Drug Metab Dispos etc) asa lead author of a high level of creativity and problem-solving capabilities.
- Must be detail oriented with excellent inter-personal skills and oral and written communication capabilities for working in a dynamic team environment and mentoring the junior scientist.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Job ID R0014753