Scientist I, Medicinal Chemistry
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Scientist I, Medicinal ChemistryApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Scientist I in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a Scientist I working on the Medicinal Chemistry team, you will be empowered to apply innovative synthetic organic and medicinal chemistry principles and techniques toward the discovery of medicines for oncology, neuroscience, GI diseases, and rare diseases.
- We are seeking a creative and highly motivated scientist to enhance our ability to apply innovative synthetic organic and medicinal chemistry principles and techniques toward the discovery of medicines for oncology, neuroscience, GI diseases, and rare diseases.
- The successful applicant should be capable of designing, synthesizing and characterizing bioactive molecules.
- Strong laboratory-based focus, experimental excellence and well-developed communication and collaboration skills are required for this position.
- Design, synthesize, and characterize biologically active molecules with suitable drug-like properties.
- Act as key member of a multidisciplinary drug discovery project team, assisting with development of project strategy, and analysis and communication of complex data.
- Contribute to ongoing innovation within the Med Chem department through the introduction of the most recent trends in synthetic organic chemistry.
- Maintain a broad awareness of the scientific and technological landscapes of organic synthesis, medicinal chemistry and drug discovery.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- PhD. in organic chemistry, medicinal chemistry, chemical biology, or related discipline, with 0-3 years of post-doctoral or industrial experience in synthetic organic chemistry and/or drug discovery. Experience in the fields of small molecule RNA modulation or targeted protein degradation would be desired, but not required.
- Excellent scientific expertise in organic chemistry, strong knowledge of modern chemistry literature, in-depth knowledge of a wide range of purification and spectroscopic characterization techniques, and the ability to champion new chemistry directions.
- Ability to effectively influence team and departmental directions and decision-making through application of scientific expertise.
- Ability to design and execute workplans independently, based on sound scientific principles.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills and the ability to present rationale, key data, issues and accomplishments to project teams.
- Strong collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively within a diverse team of internal or external co-workers.
- A high level of creativity, productivity and passion with respect to laboratory contribution, with strong problem-solving skills directed towards achievement of project milestones.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Job ID R0022211