Scientist, Analytical Development, Cell Therapies
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Scientist, Analytical Development, Cell TherapiesApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Scientist, Analytical Development, Cell Therapies in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a member of the analytical development team, you will have the opportunity to contribute in multiple development programs. As a Scientist, Analytical Development, Cell Therapies working on the Analytical Development team, you will be empowered to develop, validate and transfer analytical methods to rapidly advance Takeda`s portfolio.
Responsible for T cell biology work in the lab, understand projects, develop projects, plan and execute experiments.
- Independently go through published literatures, design, plans and executes experiments, assay development and validation
- Presents study results at team or department meetings, to external partners or at conferences.
- Prepares study protocols, reports, technology transfer documentation, and regulatory documents for clinical trials.
- Plans and implements resolutions to technical problems/issues.
- Understands project timelines and deliverables and plans/coordinates project work accordingly with departmental, functional and external stakeholders.
- Works collaboratively with other members from different teams and demonstrates independent, self-starting and supportive of team-based research and able to work effectively in a matrix organization.
- Builds and maintains relationships with key vendors and assists with technical aspects of vendor negotiations
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- PhD in biology, biomedical engineering or related pharmaceutical science; 0+ years relevant experience
- Master’s degree in biology, pharmacy, biomedical engineering or related pharmaceutical science; 5+ years relevant industry experience.
- Prior work experience with gamma delta or alpha beta T cell is required.
- Broader understanding of adaptive cellular immunity and T cell biology
- Prior experience with CAR-T cell therapies / Cell Therapies and/or Oncology related field is preferred but not required
- Extensive hand-on experiences in multi-color flow cytometry, various immune assays and transcript expression analysis
- Experiences in working in multidiscipline teams and communicates complex data/decisions within department and cross functionally.
- Proactive and highly self-motivated with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organization skills with the ability to work independently and in a fast-paced team environment
- May require approximately 5-10% travel.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please
Job ID R0021683